Apply for 1 year extension (marriage) but leave the country before the process is completed

Hello,
what is going to happen if I apply for the yearly extension but then suddenly I need to leave Thailand while the extension is being processed (and most likely accepted)?
Like, I get the stamp on passport to go pick up the new extension on a certain date but I am not in Thailand anymore.

I guess everything is lost and I will need to start everything from zero, but are there any other problems with immigration office about the missed appointment and unfinished process?

Also, how many days in advance are we allowed to apply for an 1 year extension before the expire date?

Or is there any way to speed up the review process in case I know I may have to suddenly leave Thailand before the usual appointment date?

Thanks

I am not aware of anything that they would do if you were not in the country on the report back date on your under consideration stamp.

You would have to start all over again by getting new non-o visa and then do a new extension application.

You can apply for a extension up to 30 days or 45 days at some office.

Your could inform your local office you need to leave the country and they could contact the division headquarters to expedite the approval.

To avoid losing your non-o visa entry you could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife and then apply again after you return to the country using a re-entry permit.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I am not aware of anything that they would do if you were not in the country on the report back date on your under consideration stamp.

You would have to start all over again by getting new non-o visa and then do a new extension application.

You can apply for a extension up to 30 days or 45 days at some office.

Your could inform your local office you need to leave the country and they could contact the division headquarters to expedite the approval.

To avoid losing your non-o visa entry you could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife and then apply again after you return to the country using a re-entry permit.

Thanks a lot!
At Chaeng Wattana do you know if it's 30 or 45 days?
I used to get the extension in about 25 days so if I could apply 45 days in advance and still get the result in about 25 days then it could be enough to fix my case.

4 minutes ago, tacchan23 said:

Thanks a lot!
At Chaeng Wattana do you know if it's 30 or 45 days?
I used to get the extension in about 25 days so if I could apply 45 days in advance and still get the result in about 25 days then it could be enough to fix my case.

You can apply up to 45 days prior to expiry of your permission of stay at CW

• Thanks 1