Here’s why Hua Hin has received ZERO arrivals from foreign tourists

webfact

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Hua Hin’s tourism market is currently being driven almost entirely by domestic tourists

Which is better than waiting for international tourists to make the real money, make it affordable to locals who will fill the beaches, hotels and local eateries, then international tourists can be seen as an added bonus.

• Like 2

If flying internally with air asia after arriving be prepared for a shock .

My mate wants to come and see his wife and kid up north and looked at flight from Bkk to roi et with air asia after 1 night in Bkk waiting on test . 
There is no hold luggage allowed and only 7kg carry on allowed. So now he is having the hassle of getting his bags sent while he gets a flight .

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Which is better than waiting for international tourists to make the real money, make it affordable to locals who will fill the beaches, hotels and local eateries, then international tourists can be seen as an added bonus.

HH is affordable to locals. The Thai people that go there made up 76% of the total tourist arrivals in 2019. The locals filled up the three star and upwards hotels in HH to 90% occupancy last holiday weekend showed by their actions that the prices are OK. Many Thai people have money and it does not take that many people to fill up Hua Hin rooms.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ronster said:

If flying internally with air asia after arriving be prepared for a shock .

My mate wants to come and see his wife and kid up north and looked at flight from Bkk to roi et with air asia after 1 night in Bkk waiting on test . 
There is no hold luggage allowed and only 7kg carry on allowed. So now he is having the hassle of getting his bags sent while he gets a flight .

I’ve 20kgs hold luggage and 7kgs carry on included in my ticket price. An extra 25kgs is 200 baht if prebooked.

Log in, go to manage booking and is straightforward, meals,seating, extra baggage etc.

Flying from Phuket to Udon Thani.

Edited by Gold ticket

This is very typical of Hua Hin Airport, one of the most under utilized airports in the world. Always been that way. We know what the excuse used to be. What is it now? Truly pathetic. It is a perfect hub. Yet? 

This while reopening feels like it is being run by children. 

3 hours ago, Gold ticket said:

I’ve 20kgs hold luggage and 7kgs carry on included in my ticket price. An extra 25kgs is 200 baht if prebooked.

Log in, go to manage booking and is straightforward, meals,seating, extra baggage etc.

Flying from Phuket to Udon Thani.

I looked yesterday for around 3 weeks time and it says no hold luggage on the dates . Maybe destination’s vary. 

On 11/5/2021 at 2:12 PM, davidkas said:

Why do you find it difficult to believe that  2000 people per day out of 75 billion would come each day? That is only 750,000 per year. I am surprised it is not higher ????????‍♂️

OMG. The global population has increased tenfold in a year?

Staggering indeed. Hardtimes ahead I bet!

????