Nightmare scenarios continue in wake of Thailand Pass launch

snoop1130

21 hours ago, csmith said:

Online Banking Apps (Bangkok Bank) …. has been working well for me over the past 2 years … kudos to them!

And their login website has been working perfectly for the last 14 years I've been using it. With hardly any change in the presentation / interface. They avoided falling in the very Thai urge to keep changing things. Well done!

On 11/6/2021 at 2:10 AM, benthaicnx said:

The case has nothing to do with the Elite visa: the visa is not part of the documents required to apply for the Thailand Pass (whereas it was for the CEO; I think I remember).
If you read the original report, the person concerned is quite detailed and what he is really complaining about is for not having received technical/administrative help from the company which manages the Privilege Entry visa.
And after all, if this company offers assistance for the 90 days and the renewal of the visa every five years, is it nowhere stipulated in the contract that it will also fill in other types of applications for the Elite contract holder. This is regrettable, but cannot be used as a complain.
It seems that this gentleman was only in the same situation as many others who for the latest days simply could not access the official Thailand Pass website. Elite or not, that is not the problem.

Problem probably is, the site is overloaded and crashing, 1 billion Chinese, 500,000 Indians and 10 Million Europeans all trying to come to Thailand at once, no wonder the site goes down, my abacus very good fore solving problems. 

• Haha 1

On 11/5/2021 at 4:56 PM, mvdf said:

Phuket expat on linked article on bragging mode: 

“All up, I have spent almost 15 hours researching and inputting on my laptop. I have made 3 calls and 5 emails to Thai Elite - they can’t help. Apart from having a Thai Elite visa, I also have an APEC card,” he added.

Vomitably cringeworthy. 

Not at all. It's just factual information to contextualise the problems. It looks like envy and inferiority issues shade your judgment.

• Thanks 1

The COE and Thailand Pass are 2 unnecessary forms that should be ended totally.

A passport and if over 30 days stay, a visa of some sort should be all 

that is necessary for a trip to anywhere in the world.   This is just another 

visual form of Thailand corruption for making money somewhere.  I hope the number of tourists and travelers

stay low until the TAT and Thai government realize that they have to change their rules and restrictions, and these extra

hoops that they created.

Geezer

• Like 1

Somewhat off topic!

Not saying that the Thailand has a problem with making websites that work, but they are not the only ones.

I used to work for a U.S. government agency.  They hired a company to remake their 401K website (retirement fund).  That company worked on a website  for two years before putting it online.  Nothing but errors all day and one thing wrong after another for the next six months the new website was on line.

Old company was fired and a new company brought in to fix the new website.  That company worked on the website for two months and said it could not be fixed, then trashed it.  Four months later the company put a new website, they wrote, on line.  

That was about 20 years ago.  Except for some tweaks now and then, that website is still going strong with no errors or failures in operation.

Edited by radiochaser