Insurance cert for Thai Pass

Hi everyone. I'm trying to get my ducks in a row for the Thai travel Pass and have read the issues involved. Think I've sorted them bar the travel insurance. As you have to have a single page cert including your name, value of medical coverage and wording to ensure it covers covid, DOES ANYONE KNOW WHICH IRISH COMPANIES PROVIDE THAT PLEASE? I usually use Multitrip but you get a small rambling novel from them. The Thai AXA insurance being recommended is twice the price of quotes at home but the documentation seems tricky. Any advice please.

I am in process of applying for the AXA Sawasadee Return insurance, but there is a very small sentence which says that I confirm that I am NOT in Thailand at the moment. Anyone else noticed this, or has it all gone through for Thailand Pass successfully?

13 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

I am in process of applying for the AXA Sawasadee Return insurance, but there is a very small sentence which says that I confirm that I am NOT in Thailand at the moment. Anyone else noticed this, or has it all gone through for Thailand Pass successfully?

I'm sure it will go through Thailand Pass successfully because nobody will check such details there.

But if you should have to make a claim the insurance company will be interested in those details and there is a high chance that they refuse to pay out.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jackdd said:

I'm sure it will go through Thailand Pass successfully because nobody will check such details there.

But if you should have to make a claim the insurance company will be interested in those details and there is a high chance that they refuse to pay out.

So basically for anyone in my situation i.e. a round trip from Thailand/Dubai/Thailand, the policy could be useless!

I have left AXA a message but they do not open until 8am tomorrow and I wanted to sort the Thai Pass out today. 

Edited by KannikaP

I am considering traveling home to Sweden for a few months in early 2022. Have Extension of Stay until 30 Oct 2022 and will not request Re-Entry Permit but request a new Non-O Visa at the Thai Embassy. My question is whether in that case 90 days insurance for Thailand Pass is enough.

Have found a Thai insurance company that has a reasonable cost up to 99 years of age.

https://www.tipinsure.com/CovidRegional/step_1

The question is whether this insurance is sufficient for Thailand Pass.

2 hours ago, slm7clov said:

I am considering traveling home to Sweden for a few months in early 2022. Have Extension of Stay until 30 Oct 2022 and will not request Re-Entry Permit but request a new Non-O Visa at the Thai Embassy. My question is whether in that case 90 days insurance for Thailand Pass is enough.

Have found a Thai insurance company that has a reasonable cost up to 99 years of age.

This seems to cover only Covid, according to the Thailand Pass website it requires 50k USD general medical coverage, not only covid.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2021 at 8:34 AM, KannikaP said:

So basically for anyone in my situation i.e. a round trip from Thailand/Dubai/Thailand, the policy could be useless!

I have left AXA a message but they do not open until 8am tomorrow and I wanted to sort the Thai Pass out today. 

Policy should be fine if you obtain it after leaving Thailand.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2021 at 9:24 AM, slm7clov said:

Yes if it covers the period of permitted entry.

In this case you will be stamped in for 90 days, so insurance covering that period will suffice.

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

Policy should be fine if you obtain it after leaving Thailand.

Yes true, but then you would have to apply for your Thailand Pass whilst out of the country as well and on a 1 week trip, it is leaving things a bit fine. 

On 11/7/2021 at 2:11 AM, KannikaP said:

The AXA certificate clearly states that it is a single trip policy, and reports the date of starting of your trip and the ending.
I would not be worried about that notes that says that you are not in Thailand at the moment of the subscription, it is clearly intended to avoid that a person use it as a regular health insurance and not as a trip insurance.
And, most important, nobody will check it !

8 minutes ago, federicoP said:

The AXA certificate clearly states that it is a single trip policy, and reports the date of starting of your trip and the ending.
I would not be worried about that notes that says that you are not in Thailand at the moment of the subscription, it is clearly intended to avoid that a person use it as a regular health insurance and not as a trip insurance.
And, most important, nobody will check it !

Until you possibly make a claim!

I have gone for the Tune policy @ Bht3000 for peace of mind.

Edited by KannikaP