Hat Yai Airport - Update

Stocky

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a tourist who's been in Bangkok since 14 Nov.

I'm double vaccinated and have a Thailand pass, Covid insurance, etc.

Planning to fly to Hai Yai on the weekend. Do you happen to know if I need any extra paperwork to board the flight (eg. PCR test)? Will I need to quarantine in Hat Yai?

Thanks.

4 hours ago, Capibara said:

Planning to fly to Hai Yai on the weekend. Do you happen to know if I need any extra paperwork to board the flight (eg. PCR test)? Will I need to quarantine in Hat Yai?

No, just proof of being double vaccinated, they want to see how many jabs, what vaccine, and date of last jab. As you're a recent arrival if there was any paperwork clearing you to travel on, having that handy would help. I only have experience with Thai Smile, other airlines and travelling out of Don Meaueng might make some difference, but the basic requirement of either fully vaccinated or a recent PCR test are the same.

No quarantine required in Hat Yai, just have to scan the QR code for Songkhla Care and enter details of name, address and contact number.

Hat Yai is still a Dark Red Zone, we have an 11pm to 3am curfew, all pubs/bars are closed, and restaurants aren't allowed to serve alcohol. Many of the hotels remain closed, so if you are intending staying at a hotel I'd book before hand. 

Edited by Stocky
  • Like 1

Many thanks @Stockyfor responding.

For other's benefit, I managed to travel from Bangkok to Hat Yai as a tourist with minimal hassle.

Nobody checked any of our COVID documentation (thailand pass, vaccination certificate) before, during or after the flight.

Arriving at the Hat Yai Airport we had to complete the Songkhla Care registration. This can be done online even beforehand, but it's asking for identity verification using the Line app. I don't have Line installed, but there were 3 terminals at the airport where a kind lady will help you fill out a similar form (but in Thai language) that will generate the magic QR code which lets you exit the airport.

Currently in Hat Yai, if anyone has any questions, happy to respond.

Edited by Capibara
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Capibara said:

Nobody checked any of our COVID documentation (thailand pass, vaccination certificate) before, during or after the flight.

Typical Thailand.

Which airline and which airport did you fly from?