Shipping a bike from Thailand to EU ?

Pepper9187

Yep,

So after years in Thailand and a year stuck abroad because of the Covid and other reasons i got a job offer a man can't refuse.

Gonna have to sell all my stuff and go back to the motherland.

Does anyone here have some experience / recommendations about shipping a bike from Thailand to the EU ?

(I'm not looking for legal advises on the EU side, i just want to know what companies can pickup the bike, pack it (crate), ship it and so on).

So if you know what company can do that (from BKK), can you share your experience with the process ? (and costs).

Thanks

5 minutes ago, LarrySR said:

I made an inquiry to a shipping company a few years ago. Here is the info they sent:

Yes we can ship for you no problem. You need to deregister and hand the plate to the Registration dept. They will then give you a letter to deregister as you need this when you ship the bike for Customs at destination.
We need to know type of bike & cc rating plus measurements 
& or a pic of the bike.

You also need to tell us port of entry and country destination for
LCL shipping rate costs. We can arrange all the paperwork no problem as we ship many
motorcycles. Hope this helps and my Director Nisarat can assist you further. Feel free to ask me
any questions.
Regards
Tama Ruru. [ Foreign manager --- NZ ] 

SE ASIA TRADING POST 
www.asiatradingonline.com
BANGKOK OFFICE: P.O.Box 20, Pratunam P.O.,
Petchaburi  Rd Soi 19, Bangkok 10409, 
Thailand   00-66-0805945200
BANGKOK FREIGHT DEPOT
Asia Trading Shipping / KPS International Trade (Thailand) Co.,Ltd.
KPS International Trade (Thailand) Co.,Ltd.

Nisarat Khongphetsak Schmidt KPS International Trade (Thailand) Co.,Ltd. Tel : +662-8327025 Fax : +662-8327026 Mobile : +61-435336560 LINE ID : kps-nisarat Email : [email protected] www.kpsthailand.com www.bangkokshipping.com www.asiatradingonline.com

Useful info....................................

• Like 1

FYI - when I shipped my HD from Vancouver to Sydney I asked for quotes from shipping companies. Rates Sky High.

Found a company who does LTL - less than load - of shipping containers i.e. they book passage for the seacan and then find stuff to put into it.

Cost me $500 CDN dollars - not a mark on it.

Used them for the return trip too

• Like 2

6 hours ago, seedy said:

FYI - when I shipped my HD from Vancouver to Sydney I asked for quotes from shipping companies. Rates Sky High.

Found a company who does LTL - less than load - of shipping containers i.e. they book passage for the seacan and then find stuff to put into it.

Cost me $500 CDN dollars - not a mark on it.

Used them for the return trip too

Damn 500 CDN dollars ? that's nothing !!

Can you share the company details or they only work in Canada / AU ?

33 minutes ago, Pepper9187 said:

Damn 500 CDN dollars ? that's nothing !!

Can you share the company details or they only work in Canada / AU ?

Was a Canadian company. In 2005 - 555 So been a while

Can't remember the name - but if it comes back to me will let you know

Have no idea if they still around, or if they operate in other locales.

But you may find one based in SE Asia, or one in Europe that sends stuff here. Check with some freight forwarders there. Quick email should answer a yes or no question anyway.

Thing about shipping to AUS is they are very strict about it being clean - no dirt, etc to bring pests into the country. I spent a whole day making sure !

8 minutes ago, seedy said:

Was a Canadian company. In 2005 - 555 So been a while

Can't remember the name - but if it comes back to me will let you know

Have no idea if they still around, or if they operate in other locales.

But you may find one based in SE Asia, or one in Europe that sends stuff here. Check with some freight forwarders there. Quick email should answer a yes or no question anyway.

Thing about shipping to AUS is they are very strict about it being clean - no dirt, etc to bring pests into the country. I spent a whole day making sure !

Yay i found one company (emailed them) and it seems that they (mostly ?) ship to AU and they had questions about steam cleaning and fumigation i was like, sorry what now !?

Anyways they haven't answered yet.

7 hours ago, LarrySR said:

I made an inquiry to a shipping company a few years ago. Here is the info they sent:

Yes we can ship for you no problem. You need to deregister and hand the plate to the Registration dept. They will then give you a letter to deregister as you need this when you ship the bike for Customs at destination.
We need to know type of bike & cc rating plus measurements 
& or a pic of the bike.

You also need to tell us port of entry and country destination for
LCL shipping rate costs. We can arrange all the paperwork no problem as we ship many
motorcycles. Hope this helps and my Director Nisarat can assist you further. Feel free to ask me
any questions.
Regards
Tama Ruru. [ Foreign manager --- NZ ] 

SE ASIA TRADING POST 
www.asiatradingonline.com
BANGKOK OFFICE: P.O.Box 20, Pratunam P.O.,
Petchaburi  Rd Soi 19, Bangkok 10409, 
Thailand   00-66-0805945200
BANGKOK FREIGHT DEPOT
Asia Trading Shipping / KPS International Trade (Thailand) Co.,Ltd.
KPS International Trade (Thailand) Co.,Ltd.

Nisarat Khongphetsak Schmidt KPS International Trade (Thailand) Co.,Ltd. Tel : +662-8327025 Fax : +662-8327026 Mobile : +61-435336560 LINE ID : kps-nisarat Email : [email protected] www.kpsthailand.com www.bangkokshipping.com www.asiatradingonline.com

thanks a lot,

I'm looking at it right now,

Damn that website looks like it was designed in 95 and never updated, but if it works, it works !

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/13/2021 at 9:42 AM, mauroest said:

any update ?

Super late answer.

Basically for a door to door service all included it's 90K from Thailand to France and takes 50 days.

I don't have any import fees as i'm returning to leave in France so the VAT and import taxes are waved.

I'll know more by tomorrow, should start the process on tuesday / wednesday

• Like 1