40k / 400k Insurance (STV/Longstay) - ideas?

Hi, 

Last year when I applied (and was granted) my STV I chose "LMG" insurance as it was the lowest price policy for that requirement (~4000k baht).

Now, this year around, LMG hasn't answered my mail in 3 days and I'm starting to panic as I've already booked all the other stuff...

Any alternative for this requirement that's not priced to absurdity? 

From the embassy: 

• 1.5 Applicant must have a Thai health insurance covering the length of stay in Thailand with no less than 40,000 THB coverage for outpatient treatment and no less than 400,000 THB for inpatient treatment. (must be specifically mentioned) Applicant may consider buying a Thai health insurance online at longstay.tgia.org

• 1.6 Applicant must have a health insurance covering medical expenses in Thailand with a minimum coverage of 100,000 USD for COVID-19 (must be specifically mentioned).

It's the first part, that NEEDS to be Thai, that I need help with ASAP. I don't want it to be a great policy as my second policy will be substantial and cover all relevant topics.  

A thai agent (looks like she helped other people for their insurance for long stays visa (STV too)) sent me this insurance: https://www.acs-ami.com/en/part/poema/globe-traveller/?part=poema&chan=code1

It's 120€ for 90 days. It looks like reasonable price.

She told me they will provide 2 certificates it's required by embassy for apply to STV.

Someone have another options for STV?

9 minutes ago, zekelin said:

A thai agent (looks like she helped other people for their insurance for long stays visa (STV too)) sent me this insurance: https://www.acs-ami.com/en/part/poema/globe-traveller/?part=poema&chan=code1

She told me they will provide 2 certificates it's required by embassy for apply to STV.

That ACS policy is what I used last year for the "second requirement", are you saying immigration accepts it for the first requirement as well? It's not a Thai company. (Not arguing against you, it would be fantastic if true). 

2 minutes ago, aldriglikvid said:

Also from your link:

• 1.6 Applicant must have a health insurance covering medical expenses in Thailand with a minimum coverage of 100,000 USD for COVID-19 (must be specifically mentioned).

So for STV you have to have 2 policies even though the 40/400K has been replaced for Non O-A (now US$100K coverage). Personally I'd drop them an email to confirm.

6 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Also from your link:

So for STV you have to have 2 policies even though the 40/400K has been replaced for Non O-A (now US$100K coverage). Personally I'd drop them an email to confirm.

I really appreciate your reply but I've said two times now that I already have coverage for the second part, the part to which you reply "also from your link...". 

Where can I read that the 40/400k have been replaced? Not saying it's wrong (it would be awesome) but I can't find that news myself. 

9 minutes ago, aldriglikvid said:

That ACS policy is what I used last year for the "second requirement", are you saying immigration accepts it for the first requirement as well? It's not a Thai company. (Not arguing against you, it would be fantastic if true). 

This is what this agent told me (sorry for the long message):

"2 insurance certificates required for COE/Thailand pass  in order to enter Thailand with Long Stay visa's type below:
*O,OA,OX Retirement 
*STV
*Volunteer

1.Foreign insurance certificate filled and signed by the insurance company. It's the compusoly form from the embassy.

2. Cover all medical expenses including CVID-19 at 100 000 USD or 3 000 000 THB.

There are Luma and Allianz ACS can give 2 certificates no additional charge.

Luma vs. ACS GT
O OA OX retirement or STV visa from Eu to Thailand:

I can provide the 2 best insurance offers that meet the Thai authority’s requirement: LUMA vs. ALLIANZ ACS insurance.

2 certificates needed for O,OA Retirement and STV visa health insurance's requirement: 
   * have medical benefit Thailand for inpatient must not be less than 400,000 Baht + Out patient not be  less than 40,000 Baht
   *cover all medical expenses includingCVID-19 at least 100 000 USD

LUMA and ALLIANZ ACS and  can provide 2 certificates in 1 buying.

After the payment by bank card you will receive the insurance certificate in a few minutes for the embassy from [email protected] or
[email protected]

Please forward the insurance certificate and your picture of passport to (email address from that company) for receiving the 2 nd insurance certificate. It will take 1 to 2 business days.????????"

is this the normal procedure? I never applied to STV before.

Seems legit? I see in some well known Facebook group, some people telling this agent help them to get the STV.

1 minute ago, zekelin said:

This is what this agent told me (sorry for the long message):

"2 insurance certificates required for COE/Thailand pass  in order to enter Thailand with Long Stay visa's type below:
*O,OA,OX Retirement 
*STV
*Volunteer

1.Foreign insurance certificate filled and signed by the insurance company. It's the compusoly form from the embassy.

2. Cover all medical expenses including CVID-19 at 100 000 USD or 3 000 000 THB.

There are Luma and Allianz ACS can give 2 certificates no additional charge.

Luma vs. ACS GT
O OA OX retirement or STV visa from Eu to Thailand:

I can provide the 2 best insurance offers that meet the Thai authority’s requirement: LUMA vs. ALLIANZ ACS insurance.

2 certificates needed for O,OA Retirement and STV visa health insurance's requirement: 
   * have medical benefit Thailand for inpatient must not be less than 400,000 Baht + Out patient not be  less than 40,000 Baht
   *cover all medical expenses includingCVID-19 at least 100 000 USD

LUMA and ALLIANZ ACS and  can provide 2 certificates in 1 buying.

After the payment by bank card you will receive the insurance certificate in a few minutes for the embassy from [email protected] or
[email protected]

Please forward the insurance certificate and your picture of passport to (email address from that company) for receiving the 2 nd insurance certificate. It will take 1 to 2 business days.????????"

is this the normal procedure? I never applied to STV before.

Seems legit? I see in some well known Facebook group, some people telling this agent help them to get the STV.

Bless you sir! I'll contact ACS tomorrow. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Salerno said:

For STV no idea, that's why I was asking you. Two insurance policies doesn't make sense even for Thailand.

Are you asking me? 2 insurance policies has been the requirement for STV since day 1 when it was introduced last year. It's you who have stated that that requirement is "out of date" and "has been replaced". 

Anyways, let's not extend that discussion if you don't have any facts for it. I'm not looking for a classic internet-argue, just to settle this problem asap. 

50 minutes ago, aldriglikvid said:

ACS confirmed to me via e-mail now that they will issue the second letter in a separate e-mail within 2 working days. Yayyy

So with one ACS insurance can apply for STV? But they are not Thai company right?

Im scare in the embassy reject my apply to STV is is not Thai company

10 hours ago, zekelin said:

I was almost going to buy that one, it is a travel insurance. However at the last page just before the payment there was a checkbox to declare that the policy holder does not have any of a large list of pre-existing conditions:

"I, XXXXXX, declare:
I have never had any heart, vascular or pulmonary problems, undergone
treatment with cobalt radiation, radium or chemotherapy, or osteo or
articular diseases;"

Heart,vascular,pulmonary,osteo,articular....that probably covers everything except STD ???? Please declare that you've never been sick before!

As far as I can read it, if you have been sick from one of the hundreds of diseases summed above you are ineligible for this insurance. E.g your heart could be strong but if you have any articular (e.g arthritis) diseases you are not eligible, although you may have never been in hospital for the disease.

I ended up buying travel insurance from worldtrips.com,  slightly more expensive but covers the same stuff, and provides letter for inpatient/outpatient cover for O-A in  Thailand (although I don't have O-A now, just non-O retirement). I guess the O-A letter coverage is probably good for STV too.atlas-o-a-2.png.9ae167a5ee6c623b0abdbb7dadc11a72.png

1 hour ago, aldriglikvid said:

Are you asking me? 2 insurance policies has been the requirement for STV since day 1 when it was introduced last year. It's you who have stated that that requirement is "out of date" and "has been replaced". 

Anyways, let's not extend that discussion if you don't have any facts for it. I'm not looking for a classic internet-argue, just to settle this problem asap. 

That's not correct, you can have one policy which satisfies all the requirements:

* 40k/400k medical

* 100K USD medical including covid coverage.

Nobody is going to force you to have 2 separate policies unless you choose policies which cover only one of the conditions.

18 minutes ago, gearbox said:

I ended up buying travel insurance from worldtrips.com,  slightly more expensive but covers the same stuff, and provides letter for inpatient/outpatient cover for O-A in  Thailand (although I don't have O-A now, just non-O retirement). I guess the O-A letter coverage is probably good for STV too.atlas-o-a-2.png.9ae167a5ee6c623b0abdbb7dadc11a72.png

Yea, this agent from ACS told me with that letter is not need to be Thai insurance company. I will ask my embassy again...

16 minutes ago, gearbox said:

That's not correct, you can have one policy which satisfies all the requirements:

* 40k/400k medical

* 100K USD medical including covid coverage.

Nobody is going to force you to have 2 separate policies unless you choose policies which cover only one of the conditions.

In many instances (at least for longer stay visas) it will indeed be cheaper to have 2 separate policies, 1 to cover the 40/400 provision (the throwaway LMG policy so often discussed here) and a second to cover the 100k Covid requirement.  I could not find a reasonably priced policy that covered both, unfortunately.

Edited by TimBKK
grammar

3 hours ago, TimBKK said:

In many instances (at least for longer stay visas) it will indeed be cheaper to have 2 separate policies, 1 to cover the 40/400 provision (the throwaway LMG policy so often discussed here) and a second to cover the 100k Covid requirement.  I could not find a reasonably priced policy that covered both, unfortunately.

Exactly, this. 

Here's three updates: 

1) Swedish Embassy: The 40/400k THAI INSURANCE is still a requirement for the STV. 

2) ACS: They will issue me a letter covering these requirements. When received, I'll try to bounce it with The Swedish Thai Embassy ASAP. I of course trust ACS on this one, but I'm also worried since it's a French co. and not listed on https://longstay.tgia.org/companiesstv

3) LMG replied and the 40/400k policy for 3.9k THB is no longer for sale but they do, however, offer a "package" that covers all the insurance requirements. The package is completely overpriced and a mere 200k deductible. 

To be continued...