Holiday to Thailand

I have booked my flight - direct from London to Bangkok with Thai Airways returning with Thai Airways via Phuket (same flight).

I just read this on the Embassy website:

[Currently, domestic transit flights are still not allowed except the designated “seal route” flight to Samui. Therefore, it is recommended to book an international route to enter your final destination in Thailand.]

Am I ok?

Has anyone else gone though the other steps? Insurance, PCR test, hotel? Any advice will be appreciated.

Good luck and I hope you get the answers you need. 

I'm going to be frivolous, so excuse me.

Your headline caught my eye and I thought of the Dead Kennedys song Holiday in Cambodia, and how it could be adapted to the current situation in Thailand. I need to work on a set of lyrics, but it's so depressing I don't know if I can.

It's a Holiday in Thai-lan-di-a, where the the people dress in black...

et cet.

You have to have a ticket to here that shows a special connecting flight to Samui.

If you are fully vaccinated you could do the test and go option after spending one night in a AQ or SHA+ hotel the take a normal domestic flight to Samui or Phuket.

4 hours ago, WalsallRobbo said:

I have no intention of going anywhere on holiday in Thailand. I will just be in Bangkok but returning to UK via a flight that stops briefly at Phuket. I think I should be ok.

If your destination is BKK so you have nothing to worry about.

The idea is that if one wants to go to Chiang Rai or any other destination where there are no direct flights to, one must stop first at the point of arrival - usually Bangkok, and can go on domestically after 1 night and negative test result.

As for your flight out of Thailand - no problem as you are already after the "quarantine" period and basically you can look at it as a direct flight (no connections).

• Like 1