Ebay Seller Without A Credit Card

Does anyone know if this is possible. I wish to register as a seller on ebay. I do not have a credit card, although I have a debit card and have tried this but it wont accept it when I try to register as a seller. I am in Thailand btw

Does anyone know if this is possible. I wish to register as a seller on ebay. I do not have a credit card, although I have a debit card and have tried this but it wont accept it when I try to register as a seller. I am in Thailand btw
Luckily i have an english ebay account i brought with me,. we also opened a thai account in my wifes name here, ive linked it to my paypal and can use both accounts, however if you sell on the thai one and wish to transfer money into an account for goods sold it will have to go back to the uk ( as you wont be able to transfer to a thai bank account ), for me not a problem as we draw the money out here once cleared on a debit card,.i tried the other day to add a thai bank to my wifes paypal account and it wont have it, i actually paid in 10 dollars and went to pay the fee to upgrade the accout and it wouldnt have it, it seems the thai debit cards cant be used to purchase goods ( or services ) from outside thailand, .im still working on it !

Luckily i have an english ebay account i brought with me,. we also opened a thai account in my wifes name here, ive linked it to my paypal and can use both accounts, however if you sell on the thai one and wish to transfer money into an account for goods sold it will have to go back to the uk ( as you wont be able to transfer to a thai bank account ), for me not a problem as we draw the money out here once cleared on a debit card,.i tried the other day to add a thai bank to my wifes paypal account and it wont have it, i actually paid in 10 dollars and went to pay the fee to upgrade the accout and it wouldnt have it, it seems the thai debit cards cant be used to purchase goods ( or services ) from outside thailand, .im still working on it !

I now of possible solutions to this.. IM for details

kasikorn bank. open savings account. request cyber banking and virtual credit card. takes 3-4 days. you wont actually recieve a card but will be given the details online to give to ebay and paypal.

6-8 baht less to the pound though, using paypal

Ebay accepted my Bangkok Bank visa electron debit card!

As did epay to verify my account...

Is that the Be1 card? I'm guessing no since mine doesn't have the code on the back that ebay requires for authentication

kasikorn bank. open savings account. request cyber banking and virtual credit card. takes 3-4 days. you wont actually recieve a card but will be given the details online to give to ebay and paypal.

Thanks, will give it a try

I now of possible solutions to this.. IM for details

email sent, thanks

THIS IS MY LAST PEACE OF ADVICE RE: Banks Ac's, Paypal, eBay etc!! If you need a CREDIT CARD ONLY to open the account and have a UK address or someone in the uK to receive your mail and you trust, then look at the following link.

www.mycashplus.co.uk

This is the ONLY Really Legit UK Prepaid credit card( that is in your name and address and only you can access or nominated add cardholders, and you are not wiring money via diff names and banks. Can be topped up via Uk Post office, or by standing order etc.... and has online banking)!!!!

Regarding Bank accounts either open a Thai Paypal account (on the paypal.com site and select thailand as your country. but better have proof of address in Thailand) and link your Thai bank account for withdrawing funds/receiving payments only. OR use your UK bank account and open a UK Paypal account, but will need a mate to do this as will need a credit card in your name and a Automated telephone call (to a UK landline) comfirmation where you will receive a code that needs to be added to you account.

Australia has similar requirements

Edited by jaede

Is that the Be1 card? I'm guessing no since mine doesn't have the code on the back that ebay requires for authentication

I really want to open an ebay account. Can I do that with Be1? How can I obtain the three numbers ebay requests on registration?

This seems all too easy, a pre-loaded virtual credit card from a Thai bank ?

Has anyone else done this ?

• 4 weeks later...

its 100%. the credit card is called a web card. too easy?

Hello. Its true. I have one and its accepted by Paypal and Ebay. I have used it online for all kinds of purchases..........flights etc. You can also have the " card " verified by Visa.

All the advantages of a normal credit card ( providing funds are available in your K Bank account ).

Edited by stevemiddie

I really want to open an ebay account. Can I do that with Be1? How can I obtain the three numbers ebay requests on registration?

You can do it with a Bangkok bank B1st card with the Visa symbol on the front, the 3 digits will be printed on the back after your account number.

I have done this with paypal and had no problems at all, in order to get the verification code to activate the account you need to call telephone banking and they will give it to you or you can send an email via internet banking if you have that with BKK bank.

Ace

I can verify that it works, am now a seller and also linked my paypal with the Thai bank account