True internet fibre optic connection

Kwasaki

I use the True router mainly to receive signal internet connection by WiFi, it has been great for nearly 2 year or more maybe but lately just cuts off.

It comes on again after a while and I do the unplug of router and re-plug to ppwer but still doesn't connect. 

True 3 times now have tried to fix it from there connection to my line. 

It still cuts off and comes on at random. 

I have told a friend computer guru and he said they should send an engineer and replace the router. 

I have told them but they still try to fix from wherever they are on-line only. 

Any suggestions.

The True engineers have come and checked the fibre optic cable coming in and checked the router and Wi-Fi, said everything OK just switch the router off for 5 to 10 mins every day.

Never had to do that before anybody who knows about these things can say whether that's normal. ??

On 11/12/2021 at 12:20 PM, Kwasaki said:

The True engineers have come and checked the fibre optic cable coming in and checked the router and Wi-Fi, said everything OK just switch the router off for 5 to 10 mins every day.

Never had to do that before anybody who knows about these things can say whether that's normal. ??

It's not normal. 

I never had to do that with my True routers when I was still on True cable up until mid 2016.  Then I switched to AIS Fibre....and I don't have to switch my router off for 5-10 minutes everyday with AIS....in fact, I rarely need to switch the router off (but just for a few seconds...no 5-10 minutes) for a few seconds to clear some issue....uusally an issue with their AIS Playbox TV channels connection.

I would guess True has some issue with its local fibre infrastructure which causes an IP connection loss and the typical way to regain that IP connection is to reboot the router which forces a new connection.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pib said:

It's not normal. 

I never had to do that with my True routers when I was still on True cable up until mid 2016.  Then I switched to AIS Fibre....and I don't have to switch my router off for 5-10 minutes everyday with AIS....in fact, I rarely need to switch the router off (but just for a few seconds...no 5-10 minutes) for a few seconds to clear some issue....uusally an issue with their AIS Playbox TV channels connection.

I would guess True has some issue with its local fibre infrastructure which causes an IP connection loss and the typical way to regain that IP connection is to reboot the router which forces a new connection.  

I think there overcrowded or something I'm not into tech stuff,  my computer gives a message fault as limited access.

I was hoping guru tech guys here could give me a heads up as to what is wrong.

I never had trouble with 3bb maybe I'll give True one last chance because its just dam annoying.