Nan province

Kwasaki

31 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

First time I've seen, pretty cool, and like mindset.

Nice but a bit expensive for us motorbike ride out guys just going into the mountain roads and trying to find cheaper places to stay, OK for the HiSo's or taking the Mrs on a holiday break. 

• Like 1

I didn't do any cross referencing for pricing yet, as not ready myself.  Like the basic info to point in the right direction of areas to see.  Then Gmaps will give more options and better prices.

Good Luck ... ENJOY

• Like 2

I did a bike ride in this area last month. Gorgeous. Saw lots of motorbikes as well.

The article is in German but easy to translate with GoogleTranslate or DeepL

https://stefaninthailand.de/radtour-durch-3-provinzen-im-norden

I found places to stay at reasonable prices except on Doi Lang Ka which is a very touristic spot in high season now.

I saw a covid check-point only once and without anyone checking.

Enjoy

Stefan

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have a house there. Several boutique hotels have emerged in the last 10 years expecting a deluge of Chinese. Thank God it did not materialise yet. There is a hostel and a main hotel been there for years. The best bet is to chose a hotel from booking.com then search and phone them to see if they are open.

10 minutes ago, Card said:

I have a house there. Several boutique hotels have emerged in the last 10 years expecting a deluge of Chinese. Thank God it did not materialise yet. There is a hostel and a main hotel been there for years. The best bet is to chose a hotel from booking.com then search and phone them to see if they are open.

We found a great place near Nan tucked away off the main road there were many places, some open, some shut.

Where we were there was separate wooded huts which is what I prefer referred to as Home-stay I believe.

258405289_243991464324164_1276827788128441978_n.jpg.23373b4791f428df67f7314e2d64d09b.jpg

Us harden Bikers did 421 miles (674 k) in 4 days. ????️????

• Like 1

I went to Nan a couple of weeks ago and everything. seemed open as usual. We only had one covid checkpoint on the way after Phrae when they pulled everyone in a car park to scan a qr code. If you're touring on your bike you'll probably miss that and all the roadworks on the way in

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, alien365 said:

We only had one covid checkpoint on the way after Phrae when they pulled everyone in a car park to scan a qr code. If you're touring on your bike you'll probably miss that and all the roadworks on the way in

No you won't. ????