13-year old boy arrested for allegedly smuggling Rohingya migrants

webfact

34 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Do you think that 13-year olds have, or should have, immunity from prosecution for criminal offences?   Talk about opening the floodgates!   

Same thing would happen anywhere else for human trafficking offences.  Just because a child is initially arrested doesn't mean that he will remain in police custody.

You remind me a little about the Germans 70+ years ago.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SomchaiCNX said:

You remind me a little about the Germans 70+ years ago.

THIS. 10000000%.

I don't even want to read that Liverpool Guy anymore, I think at this point he's just a troll fishing for people's reactions.

I added the troll to my blocked list. Not worth engaging with. Oxygen thief.

• Like 1

to be honest, i cannot believe some of the stupid comments on here supporting a 13 yr old engaged in human trafficking.

give me a break   !!!!!

while I don't agree with locking a 13 yr old up,  it's you sort of folks that have caused kids to re-offend the next day they are let out.  You should be ashamed of yourselves for being such dogooders.  ' oh he's just a kid' and he was influenced by his friends or uncle ' 

The kid might be 13,  but it doesn't give him the right to commit wrongdoings just because he could get some cash or his brother said so. 

Edited by steven100
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, steven100 said:

to be honest, i cannot believe some of the stupid comments on here supporting a 13 yr old engaged in human trafficking.

give me a break   !!!!!

while I don't agree with locking a 13 yr old up,  it's you sort of folks that have caused kids to re-offend the next day they are let out.  You should be ashamed of yourselves for being such dogooders.  ' oh he's just a kid' and he was influenced by his friends or uncle ' 

The kid might be 13,  but it doesn't give him the right to commit wrongdoings just because he could get some cash or his brother said so. 

Agreed. 

Not to be sidetracking or any way pedantic???? - your reference to [generally speaking] unintelligent, disconnected and unreasoned commentary here appears to be the more common of character traits among our illustrious contributors. 

Just saying.

• Thanks 1

What became of the 10 Rohingya that the 13 year old boy was "smuggling" into Thailand?  Were they forcibly sent back to Myanmar?  We know how the junta there deals with the Rohingya as they have continuously violated the human rights of this group of people for many years.  Most likely they were beaten, robbed, tortured and very possibly murdered.