Verification of your date of birth, arrival date, and vaccination date in the Thailand Pass system

Hello all!

I received the following email today, but when I followed the link and entered my data it said the corrections had already been made and further editing was not possible.

Has anyone else gotten one of these?

Dear Mr. XXXXXXXXX
Please proceed to the provided link to correct your `Date of Birth`, `Date of Arrival`, and `Date of Vaccination` within 7 days after receiving this email.

Thailand Pass would like to apologize for this inconvenience.

https://tp.consular.go.th/issues/cases/access

* This email is automatically generated. Please do not reply. *

Also, separately, I just noticed they put the wrong arrival date on my Thailand Pass: I arrive one day later than I depart, and they used the departure date, but they did give me a number and a QR code.  I will try to get that sorted tomorrow by e-mail and post an update if anything interesting comes of it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AussieTraveller2021 said:

Hi,

I received the same email this morning as well.

I called their hotline (which frustratingly don't have any English speaking support workers on hand) and was told to ignore it and it is a system issue that they're experiencing.

Thank you for posting this. My family members received the same email. I sent an email to the support email address. At least now I don’t have to wait for a response.

This whole Thailand Pass application process has been so frustrating for us. I wish I had waited until the latter part of last week as it seems those applications are being processed much more rapidly.

• Thanks 1

I got the same email today at 01:49 Thailand time. Clicked the link and got the same message saying it was already "rectified" and could not be edited. As of 09:00 Thailand time, no follow up email or confirmed/rejected pass. The Thailand Pass is a <deleted> show.

Screen Shot 2021-11-14 at 8.32.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-14 at 8.31.18 PM.png

Edited by JCP108
  • Thanks 1

When I spoke to the support line, what I could make out from what they were saying is to ignore it and wait the 3 days.

I asked whether they could check to assess whether there was an issue with it, at which they advised that they can't as they don't have access to the systems, which is a bit odd, but it is what it is.

I then asked what would happen if I didn't receive a QR Code or follow-up email, at which they didn't specify and when I hinted at applying again, they suggested to do that.

I'll be waiting the 3 days and if nothing had been received, will apply again (for the fifth time...)

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, AussieTraveller2021 said:

I then asked what would happen if I didn't receive a QR Code or follow-up email, at which they didn't specify and when I hinted at applying again, they suggested to do that.

I'll be waiting the 3 days and if nothing had been received, will apply again (for the fifth time...)

I submitted an application for each of my family members before they started sending out Access Codes. I submitted applications a second time so that I would receive the Access Code. When I checked the status of their applications, one of them came back saying there wasn’t an application with that Access Code, Passport, and email combination. So I did that application again and was able to confirm that the application was under review. When I tried to submit an application again for that last family member to provide what I came to believe were better documents for the insurance and the Test & Go package purchase, the application was rejected with a message saying I had already submitted two applications. I’ll wait until I get rejections or QR codes before I try again.

Also got this message.  Sent a copy to the Consulate asking (in a polite - ish way) <What The Frog?>.  Asked them to let me know if I still have an approved Thailand Pass or not.

I'm just a wee bit fashed as I have/had?? an approved status and have my Q code.  Don't know what I have now.

Unaskedforadvice:  Stop letting the bosses idiot nephew play with the data bases.  Buy him/her a shiny toy instead

Edited by ourdon
Anglo Saxon Disapproved
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, ourdon said:

Also got this message.  Sent a copy to the Consulate asking (in a polite - ish way) <What The Frog?>.  Asked them to let me know if I still have an approved Thailand Pass or not.

So you already received your QR code? I thought only those of us with our applications still under review received this email.

No.  I'm saying I do/did have an approval and a Q code was sent to me. 

These question which indicate that they may have lost or mislaid my information possibly brings that approval into question.

I am imperfectly pleased

• Like 1

4 hours ago, donx said:

So you already received your QR code? I thought only those of us with our applications still under review received this email.

I had the QR code already when I got it, and if you did not then it probably is not connected to your application status.  Fortunately it sounds like just a SNAFU.

But now I have to figure out whether their listing my departure date as my arrival date is...

1. An inconsequential error of language
  2. Intentional but unexplained handling of +1D arrivals
  3. Invalidating my QR code until corrected (by whom?)
  4. Meaningless but still able to block my departure because the airline won't know what to do
  5. None of the above
  6. All of the above including #5.

Agree with others that this is by no means a tourist-friendly operation so far, even though I support the one-night quarantine and PCR on arrival.  I worry that Actual Tourists may try this and get so frustrated they start badmouthing Thailand which can't be good for the industry especially if it gets the attention of the media.

• Like 2

Hi. Has anyone found a fix to this? Can we use ThailandPass QR with arrival date and date of birth which is 1 day earlier (even though they removed date of birth info when QR is scanned) or do we have to re-apply?

Same as others, I received an email to rectify the wrong arrival date and date or birth. but when I went to the portal, there is a message saying that it was already rectified.

Confused as to how to proceed now

3 hours ago, Nicole Briz said:

Hi. Has anyone found a fix to this? Can we use ThailandPass QR with arrival date and date of birth which is 1 day earlier (even though they removed date of birth info when QR is scanned) or do we have to re-apply?

Same as others, I received an email to rectify the wrong arrival date and date or birth. but when I went to the portal, there is a message saying that it was already rectified.

Confused as to how to proceed now

Surely you had to provide a AQ/SHA+ hotel booking for test&go, and that is the date that matters. Also, the PCR test should be within 3 days of the correct arrival/departure date.

I would certainly not reapply or make other steps to fix problems that they created and of which they must be acutely aware already.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, FalangTingTong said:

I worry that Actual Tourists may try this and get so frustrated they start badmouthing Thailand which can't be good for the industry especially if it gets the attention of the media.

Hmmm....I wonder exactly how frustrating and complicated it has to get before the effect of putting off actual tourists achieves equalibrium with the amount of desire of the tourists to come and then the arrival number becomes exactly the number of us who are getting back to wives, gf's, and homes in Thailand?

Edited by JCP108
  • Like 2

Yesterday the link provided did not work (as I guess many of you discovered). Today the link did lead to a page where my birthdate was correct but my arrival date was one day off. It did not ask me to correct my vaccination dates. After I corrected the information, it gave a link with instant approval of my pass.

• Like 1

I received that email about the dates being wrong before I received a QR code (actually for my wife, not me). Late last night she received her QR code with an issuance date of 2021-11-15 (today). Her arrival date that appears on the PDF that contains the QR code is correct and the vaccination date that appear on the website associated with the QR code is also correct. Like everyone else, her date of birth doesn't appear on either the PDF or linked website.

I'm going to ignore that email she received yesterday afternoon regarding her Date of Birth, Date of Arrival, and Date of Vaccination being incorrect. I believe it was sent in error as someone else suggests.

3 hours ago, arithai12 said:

Surely you had to provide a AQ/SHA+ hotel booking for test&go, and that is the date that matters. Also, the PCR test should be within 3 days of the correct arrival/departure date.

I would certainly not reapply or make other steps to fix problems that they created and of which they must be acutely aware already.

What are you talking about the " correct arrival/ departure date?? You need a pcr test 72 hours or less from your departure time  only!  Many people who leave the USA in the evening arrive in Thailand TWO days later.  Some arrivals are 11:30 pm or just after midnight so the night you book a hotel you may actually arrive at hotel the next day ( after midnight) even. So how does your hotel booking determine this?  Any real report you have like many people above or just your "thoughts"?  You also assume they are " acutely " aware of all the issues. LMAF dude! 

Edited by alex8912
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Dawesy said:

Applied for my Thailand Pass yesterday , was approved with QR code sent in 1 hour .

So the system seems to be processing recent applications much faster. Can you confirm that you have an access code and that if you check your status that it states that your application is approved? The reason I’m asking is because my wife was approved with a QR code. However, when I check her status with the access code she received on the second time I applied for her, the status still dhows it as reviewing. My guess is this is happening because the application that was approved was the first one I did before they started providing access codes.

i wouldn’t care if she was the only one traveling, but my son’s application was rejected and I’d like to know if I can trust the checking of the status for his applications which I had to do a third time today.

23 hours ago, JCP108 said:

Yesterday the link provided did not work (as I guess many of you discovered). Today the link did lead to a page where my birthdate was correct but my arrival date was one day off. It did not ask me to correct my vaccination dates. After I corrected the information, it gave a link with instant approval of my pass.

Today I tried again and it lets me edit the dates... hahahaha NOT!

I can change the arrival date but I can't change the month of my birth date, and the month is exactly the thing they entered wrong.  An the page says very clearly you can only edit the data once.  Lovely.  (Same as for you, it only shows the two dates, arrival and birthdate, in my case arrival was off by one day and birth by one month.)

This is one of those Amazing moments, really.  You upload your documents, they botch the data entry, they realize they botched it, they ask YOU to correct it, and their system won't let you make the necessary correction.... assuming, like me, you were carefully watching the replies on this topic and didn't just stop at "they told me to ignore the email" which would have been the rational thing, considering the system had already told you everything was "rectified."

I think at this point the advice is to re-try the correction link and see if it lets you correct...?

amazing_thaipass.png

1 hour ago, FalangTingTong said:

Today I tried again and it lets me edit the dates... hahahaha NOT!

I can change the arrival date but I can't change the month of my birth date, and the month is exactly the thing they entered wrong.  An the page says very clearly you can only edit the data once.  Lovely.  (Same as for you, it only shows the two dates, arrival and birthdate, in my case arrival was off by one day and birth by one month.)

This is one of those Amazing moments, really.  You upload your documents, they botch the data entry, they realize they botched it, they ask YOU to correct it, and their system won't let you make the necessary correction.... assuming, like me, you were carefully watching the replies on this topic and didn't just stop at "they told me to ignore the email" which would have been the rational thing, considering the system had already told you everything was "rectified."

I think at this point the advice is to re-try the correction link and see if it lets you correct...?

amazing_thaipass.png

Amazing Thailand!

22 hours ago, donx said:

So the system seems to be processing recent applications much faster. Can you confirm that you have an access code and that if you check your status that it states that your application is approved? The reason I’m asking is because my wife was approved with a QR code. However, when I check her status with the access code she received on the second time I applied for her, the status still dhows it as reviewing. My guess is this is happening because the application that was approved was the first one I did before they started providing access codes.

i wouldn’t care if she was the only one traveling, but my son’s application was rejected and I’d like to know if I can trust the checking of the status for his applications which I had to do a third time today.

I have an access code but haven't checked because I had approval before I had a chance to .

1 hour ago, Dawesy said:

I have an access code but haven't checked because I had approval before I had a chance to .

You can still check, but if you don’t want to bother, I understand. I’m interested in knowing if after getting the QR code, will the status change to something like “Approved”. My wife and daughter were approved, but when I check their status, it still says “Reviewing”.

If anyone can check this for me I’d greatly appreciate it.

1 hour ago, donx said:

You can still check, but if you don’t want to bother, I understand. I’m interested in knowing if after getting the QR code, will the status change to something like “Approved”. My wife and daughter were approved, but when I check their status, it still says “Reviewing”.

Mine says approved. I think what you experience must be unusual. You shouldn't have gotten the QR-code until it was approved.

12 minutes ago, goldmagpie said:

Mine says approved. I think what you experience must be unusual. You shouldn't have gotten the QR-code until it was approved.

My theory on why this is happening is because the first applications I submitted were before the system provided an access code. Thus the 2 applications that were approved, if they were the initial applications, have no method for confirming they were approved other than the receipt of the email with the QR code. All subsequent submissions have a status of “Reviewing”. I submitted 2 applications for my wife, 3 for my daughter, and 4 for my son. So I have 1 access code for my wife, 2 access codes for my daughter, and 3 access codes for my son. The QR codes for my wife and daughter and the rejection for my son were emailed to us on Sunday afternoon EST.

Thank you for checking the status of the application. Does it provide any more information other than saying it was approved?

4 hours ago, donx said:

Thank you for checking the status of the application. Does it provide any more information other than saying it was approved?

No there isn't any other info only that is approved.
I got the "Verification of your date of birth...etc.) email too and I was scared about my thailand pass (already approved) . I was puzzled because they have already approved but after I got that email..
I checked my status and is still "approved".
The funny thing is that login failed at tp.consular.go.th/issues/cases/access but on the check my status page same login worked!
Illogical..
Tony

7 hours ago, donx said:

Mine says approved mate . Just checked out of curiosity .

Update: problem solved the low-tech way! TL;DR: just contact support and do a new application if you can't change the dates.

I spent way too much time trying to fix the problem, which in the end was a React web-app misconfiguration on their end.  I thought I had a hackaround but the config persisted on the server and there was just no way to enter a date more than one day before/after the stored date.

So I e-mailed support and quickly got a reply.  They tried to edit the dates and ran into the same problem -- but, presumably because they know what to expect from government programmers, they told me to just do another application.

Which I did, using a different e-mail address.  And it was approved almost instantly, I'm pretty sure in under a minute, which I take to mean someone was actually sitting there expecting it to arrive.

Support Team was super helpful and I feel a little stupid for not just contacting them yesterday, but hackers gonna hack I guess.

Throughout this little trip down the web-app rabbit hole I kept wondering... there must be people out there who had dates to correct but didn't even try correcting them, because on the first day after that e-mail went out the system told them it was "rectified," right?  So they will be showing up at airports with approved but maybe invalid Thailand Passes, right?  And what happens then?

I hope the folks in the call center are as responsive as the online team was today, because I guess they're going to be getting some frantic calls from the check-in counters.