Cambodia to end quarantine for vaccinated travellers from Nov. 15 - PM Hun Sen.

NanaSomchai

PHNOM PENH, Nov 14 (Reuters) - Cambodia will stop requiring quarantine for travellers who have been vaccinated for COVID-19 starting on Monday, Prime Minister Hun Sen said on Sunday.

The prime minister made the announcement in a voice message on social media after the Southeast Asian country has required lengthy quarantine for more than 18 months.

"After seeing that people have two doses and a negative COVID test, they will be allowed to travel all over the Kingdom of Cambodia," he said.

Hun Sen said travellers will have to show their negative test 72 hours prior to travel and have two vaccine doses. Those who are unvaccinated will be quarantined for 14 days.

Hun Sen said vaccinated foreigners and Cambodians who are in quarantine will be allowed to leave from tomorrow.

"This is a quick way to re-open the country and facilitate travel for our people. I know some of our citizens want to go abroad but are worried about coming back with quarantine required," he said.

Cambodia has vaccinated nearly 90% of its more than 16 million people, one of Asia's highest inoculation rates.

Reporting by Prak Chan Thul. Writing by Kay Johnson

SOURCE: https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/cambodia-end-quarantine-vaccinated-travellers-nov-15-pm-hun-sen-2021-11-14/

Khun Prayuth could learn a thing or two.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, shdmn said:

They still doing that $3000US deposit thing though?

That's not the point of this thread.

17 minutes ago, my friend I said:

No mention of that or covid insurance

Again not the point of this thread.

As a regular user (not admin) of the forums I cannot initiate a new thread in the NEWS section of the forums; however I felt this was not only news-worthy but also would serve as a good comparison between what Thailand does (in regards to quarantine) and what other neighboring countries are doing.

As I said in my post; Khun Prayut Chan-o-Cha could learn a thing or two.

As for the answers to your questions, as usually I advise you and invite you to do your own research.

Edit: Another key point I should have stressed in my original post is 1) This is from Reuters as a source (so reliable), 2) This announcement is from Cambodia's Prime Minister *himself* and 3) This has IMMEDIATE effect starting today at 00:00, not Thai style delayed to the 1st October, then pushed back to 1st November, then 1st December, then 15th January, etc.

Edited by NanaSomchai

Also here is the original source (Prime Minister's Facebook post) rather than Reuters. So you have the source of the source (should you understand Khmer).

https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?ref=watch_permalink&v=285218293501463

សារសំឡេងពិសេស សម្តេចតេជោ ហ៊ុន សែន ពាក់ព័ន្ធនឹងការចូលមកព្រះរាជាណាចក្រកម្ពុជា ទាំងជនជាតិខ្មែរ ទាំងជនជាតិបរទេស ដែលបានចាក់វ៉ាក់សាំងរួចហើយ គឺមិនតម្រូវឱ្យធ្វើចត្តាឡីស័កទៀតទេ ប៉ុន្តែអ្នកទាំងអស់ដែលបានធ្វើដំណើរតាមផ្លូវអាកាស ចុះមករាជធានីភ្នំពេញ ទាំងនៅខេត្តព្រះសីហនុ និងខេត្តសៀមរាប ត្រូវយកសំណាក ដោយម៉ាស៊ីន PCR ។
សម្រាប់អ្នកមិនទាន់បានចាក់វ៉ាក់សាំង គឺនៅតែតម្រូវធ្វើចត្តាឡីស័ក រយៈពេល១៤ថ្ងៃដដែល។
ថ្ងៃទី ១៤ ខែវិច្ឆិកា ឆ្នាំ ២០២១

Translates to:

Samdech Techo Hun Sen's Special Voice Message regarding the entry into the Kingdom of Cambodia, both Cambodians and foreigners who have already been vaccinated, is no longer required to do Chattalysak, but all those who have traveled by air Phnom Penh, both in Sihanoukville and Siem Reap, was sampled with a PCR machine. For those who have not been vaccinated, 14 doses are still required. November 14, 2021

Chattalysak = Quarantine.

doses = days, translation problems.

Edited by NanaSomchai