Grease gun

sometime

Time to repack the grease in my bush cutter & hedge cutter gearbox.

The small grease tubes made for the job contain very little, & ½ kg tub of grease is only 70 baht

So I came up with this idea, a cut down sealant tube, “cut down to make the plunger easy to push out with a stick, plus it can be reused.

The nozzle screws nicely into the gearbox.   

P1110406.jpg

5 hours ago, Will B Good said:

This isn't intended to be rude...........but I used to be a member of the "Dull Mens Club" on FB......this would get a lot of likes.

Can I take it that you are not a DIY sort of person, not intended to be rude more of a Do sweet FA person????

22 minutes ago, sometime said:

Can I take it that you are not a DIY sort of person, not intended to be rude more of a Do sweet FA person????

On the contrary, built my own house with no more than laborers to help and regularly strip down and rebuild E-Type Jags.

2 hours ago, GreasyFingers said:

We might be talking about different parts of the brush cutter but my mechanic put a grease nipple where you would normally put the grease into the head of the cutter.

All the weed whackers I have used have a small bolt in the side of the gearbox thread which I remove. I put in a proper grease nipple of the right size and, using a normal sized grease gun give the gear head 10 or 15 squirts of Super LT3 grease that I buy from the hardware shop, once a week.

I use the weed whacker for about 1 hour a day early in the mornings Monday to Fridays.

• Like 1

I do mine as regularly as I remember to, but these angle drives don't in my opinion need packing with pressurised grease, I just remove the bolt and press a few finger fulls of grease into the hole, filling it flush then then refit the bolt.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Adiudon said:

I do mine as regularly as I remember to, but these angle drives don't in my opinion need packing with pressurised grease, I just remove the bolt and press a few finger fulls of grease into the hole, filling it flush then then refit the bolt.

It depends on the weed whacker. The Honda I used to have, had a bigger grease nipple than My Payoo 50 and also my 2 stroke no name which is in the shop getting a new barrel, piston et and cylinder head. I suspect a "friend" over revved it and buggered it up.

2,300 baht for a rebuild.

When it works it is great, but it is a 2 stroke and a <deleted> to start.