Developement Maintenance

I am considering, only considering, buying a home in a development. A monthly fee is required for security, maintenance, common areas, etc;. Some of the long standing developements I have seen, seem to have let the places slide. Like a great marketing tool at first, but after a while they just pocket the cash and the place goes down the dumper. I would be interested in any experiences you could share. Is there any recourse with a poor management team?

I am considering, only considering, buying a home in a development. A monthly fee is required for security, maintenance, common areas, etc;. Some of the long standing developements I have seen, seem to have let the places slide. Like a great marketing tool at first, but after a while they just pocket the cash and the place goes down the dumper. I would be interested in any experiences you could share. Is there any recourse with a poor management team?

Not much recourse unless you have a strong team of owners, especially retirees or westerners who love to take active part in maintaining and uplifting the standard. The impressive one is at Moo Baan Panya.