British Child Passport Renewal Documents Check

jjp

Hi,

Anyone renewed a Child British Passport at VFS recently?

What documents do i need to renew my son's British passport?

Thai mother

British father

These docs for renewal but uncertain??

1. Sons British passport

2. Coloured photocopy Thai passport

3. My British passport Id page

4. Wife iD Card

5 Photos

Anything else please

Thanks in advance

jjp

I have read table A and I may have misread but the info  seems to be more about first passport etc. 

I did my son's renewal last year.  In addition to the application form, I just needed colour copies of every page of his expiring UK passport and new counter-signed photos.  I also had confirmation of our address in Thailand. I didn't need any documents relating to my wife.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I did my son's renewal last year.  In addition to the application form, I just needed colour copies of every page of his expiring UK passport and new counter-signed photos.  I also had confirmation of our address in Thailand. I didn't need any documents relating to my wife.

For the address in Thailand, I'm a little confused over whether it should show the child's name or the parent's? As it's hard to find an official  document with my daughter's name and address on. Her passport has already expired, I wonder if that will be a problem ?

2 hours ago, jjp said:

Thanks Brewsterbudgen,

so to clarify, i just need the following.

1. His old passport

2. Coloured Photocopy of his old British Passport (not his Thai Passport)

3. Photos counter signed 

4. Document with my name and address on it

Thanks,

jjp

I can't remember if they actually needed to see the address confirmation, but I remember needing it for my own passport renewal, so brought it along anyway.   My son only has a UK passport, so I'm not sure if a copy of any other passport held is required or not. 

• Like 1

On 11/18/2021 at 5:05 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

EVERY page is needed. I didn't copy a couple of the 'info page's, they checked and i had to get the missing pages copied.

Did VFS spot this "major deficiency" before sending your renewal docs on their merry way to the UK, or was this entirely down to some nit-picking HMPO jobsworth at the UK end? I find it rather surprising that you weren't apparently also asked for colour copies of the front and back burgundy covers (on separate sheets, of course) of your existing passport for good measure! ????

Edited by OJAS