Driving Licence 5 year renewal - Pranburi DLT

skorts

Renewed my 5 year Thai car driving licence at Pranburi DLT yesterday morning. In at 8:15 a.m. out by 9:15 a.m.

I had completed the e-learning and booked an appointment beforehand but a friend of mine just completed the e-learning at home and turned up at the same DLT office without an appointment a couple of weeks ago with no problems. 

For the e-learning training you have to watch an hour long video and answer a few simple questions. They are asked at the beginning, during the video and again at the end. You get a “Successful Completion” certificate, which you can save/print off  at the end which is valid for 6 months. 

You need to register/login with ID number and D.O.B. I used my passport number with PGBR prefix e.g. PGBR123456789

https://www.dlt-elearning.com/Home/ForeignerIndex

I then downloaded the “DLT Smart Queue“ app (available on iOS and android) to book an appointment. Links to the apps are on the home page just under the login/register section on the above link. There is also an “https” link too. 

This app does not accept passport number so I used my Thai Vaccination ID which was accepted. 

Original Documents I presented:

Current driver's license

Passport

Medical certificate

Certificate of Residence from Immigration

Photocopies of:

Booking appointment

e-learning “Successful Completion” certificate 

Passport photo page

Current Extension of Stay page

Documents checked on arrival, directed up to 2nd floor where you are given a queue number at the front desk. Mine was 10. 

Wait for the number to be called/displayed on screen. Go to the desk, handover all documents. 

Wait to be called for:

- colour blindness test

- brake test

First 12 people were called together with others called in groups later. 

Called back to the desk, paid ฿505. 

Called to the photo booth, photo taken and a few minutes later I got called to collect my new licence. 

All in all a simple and smooth process. 

Edited by skorts

12 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Sounds a bit more complicated than 4 years ago when I last renewed mine in Surin, e-learning? whatever next. We just watched a boring film, no appointment, did the colour blind and brake test and that was it. I shall see next year.

Sounds complicated but not too bad really . This " E " learning was introduced this year to help mitigate the covid infection rates that would happen in a crowded room with many people watching the 1 hour long video . So now you can do the video watch and questions at home and take the brake and colour test at the DLT office . 

I am not sure if you have to retest if you renew your licence without a lapse . I had a 5 month lapse . Does anyone know the answer ?