TM30 required after 1 night quarantine then staying with wife?

Background:

Arrived earlier this month on CoE with single entry Non-O (Thai wife) e-visa approved by London Consulate.

Completed 1 night quarantine at hotel, passed PCR test and since then living with wife in BKK.

Assuming the hotel submitted a TM30 for me, does my wife now have to do this again or can it just wait until I do the 90 day report? I also plan to extend for 12 months, if that is relevant.

Thanks. 

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You will not need to do a 90 day report until 90 days after your apply for the one year extension of stay.

A new TM30 report will be required before you apply for the extension since you entered on a new visa.

Thank you. So new TM30 = another one in addition to the one I assume the hotel did for me? i.e. I have to get my wife to do one?

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Your wife will need to complete a TM30 report since it is a change of address from the last report done by the hotel.

Ubonjoe can you please confirm when you have time if my understanding of the TM30 requirements are correct for a person like myself living in Thailand with a Thai wife in our own home:

•  A TM30 report is only required in my case if I enter Thailand on a new Visa (in my case 5 year Thai Elite Visa) or if we change our registered home address permanently.

• When we travel away from our home in Thailand for more than 24 hours for a holiday then we (my wife) do not need to do a TM30 as this is the responsibility of the Hotel we are staying in.

Many thanks in advance.

7 minutes ago, vibration said:

A TM30 report is only required in my case if I enter Thailand on a new Visa (in my case 5 year Thai Elite Visa) or if we change our registered home address permanently.

Since a Thai Elite visa is a multiple entry visa a TM 30 report is only needed for the first entry using it after it is issued. All of your entries after that would not require a TM30 report.

12 minutes ago, vibration said:

When we travel away from our home in Thailand for more than 24 hours for a holiday then we (my wife) do not need to do a TM30 as this is the responsibility of the Hotel we are staying in.

The TM30 reports done by hotel are not considered as a change of address.

A report would only be needed if you change your registered address. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dsj said:

So if you get a new retirement extension, visa expired a long time ago, and then you leave Thailand and return and stay one night in a quarantine hotel, do you have do submit a new TM 30

If you enter using a re-entry permit a new TM30 report is not required unless you change addresses.

• Like 2

Retirement extension expired, arriving on new Non-O visa. Staying one night in a test and go hotel in Bangkok. Same question, is a TM30 required when I return to our home in Chiang Mai?

Edited by grin
  • Like 1

On 11/17/2021 at 9:11 AM, ubonjoe said:

You will not need to do a 90 day report until 90 days after your apply for the one year extension of stay.

A new TM30 report will be required before you apply for the extension since you entered on a new visa.

As you are always well informed and a valued reference for this forum, it might be of interest for you that CM is different re:TM30. Before leaving Thailand I asked at immigration both Promenada and Airport and they both were clear that I will need to fill a TM30 as soon as I re-enter (well, 24 hours or the usual weekend rules) even if I am just returning to my residence (yellow book) after spending 1 night in test&go hotel in BKK. My extension would be due much later in February.

• Like 1

After you arrive at wife’s house, your wife is required to submit a TM.30 to notify your staying at her residence.

I believe officially you also are required to submit yourself a TM.28 which is to notify a change in your address as you have gone from hotel to a residence elsewhere. This is what’s required at Udon Than Immigration and I along with my wife submit a TM.30 and TM.28 every time I return back to Thailand after I completed by quarantine.

Maybe Udon Immigration requirements are incorrect but they always insist I provide a TM.28 every time I return back to my home. 

• Like 2