Has anyone tried recently to get the International Certificate of COVID-19 Vaccination (COVID-19 Vaccine Passport)?

I've tried to make an appointment to get this certificate, and if the relevant website (http://vacn.ddc.moph.go.th/index.php) is to be believed, there is no appointment availability until January. It seems a bit unlikely, though not impossible, if this cert is actually required for international travel, that it should be necessary to wait 6 weeks to get something so basic done, and, as we leave in about 2 weeks, it means we won't be able to get one this way in any case. I'm wondering if this is a problem with their website, and if anyone has been able to get an appointment sooner by another method?

I understand Bumrungrad will do it, for a fee of B1,500pp, and that it takes about 3 days (that's what they said on the phone), and we may well have to resort to that approach. 

A recent discussion on this forum (Travel rules and Covid Vaccine Certificate recognition for UK or NHS integration, opened by The Hammer 21) strongly suggests that this "passport" isn't required for entry to the UK, which will be our first stop. We then go to Switzerland, which requires visitors to register for that country's own certificate, before returning here. So, unless it's required during transit - Dubai and Amsterdam, in our case - and I don't think it is, it seems this cert may not actually be essential, though it would provide an extra layer of comfort which can be reassuring during travel. Wondering if anyone has an opinion on this?

Any information would be much appreciated.

1 hour ago, cyril sneer said:

i'm in the same boat here

when they gave me the print out they said I could visit the hospital that was administering the vaccines and get a 'vaccine passport' from there. not sure what's required to go to the UK

Visitors from Thailand to the UK are only required to show a vaccination certificate, a Vaccine Passport isn't required.

Vaccine certificates only

If the table below says you can use a ‘Vaccine certificate’ as proof of vaccination, the following rules apply. The vaccine certificate must be issued by a national or state-level public health authority, be in English, French or Spanish, and include as a minimum:

• your forename and surname(s)
  • your date of birth
  • vaccine brand and manufacturer
  • date of vaccination for every dose
  • country or territory of vaccination and/or certificate issuer

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/countries-with-approved-covid-19-vaccination-programmes-and-proof-of-vaccination

Of course requirements can and do change fairly quickly

• Like 1

For those in CM, go to gov public health official across from suriwong book store….5 minutes to fill out form…one week later pay 50B (now they say don’t need to pay) and pick up form - total time experience 10 minutes

Make copy of your Passport and certificate of vaccination form with originals…very simple 

On 11/19/2021 at 6:17 PM, georgey said:

Yes, I've got the paper cert issued by the hospital (which of course has a QR code) as well as all that info appearing on MorPhrom app.

You can also book your appointment on the MorPhrom app on the bottom row.

On 11/26/2021 at 7:39 AM, cyril sneer said:

i'm in the same boat here

when they gave me the print out they said I could visit the hospital that was administering the vaccines and get a 'vaccine passport' from there. not sure what's required to go to the UK

I have already received my vaccine passport, takes one week from the hospital, you need to show your passport

On 11/26/2021 at 9:31 AM, theoldgit said:

Visitors from Thailand to the UK are only required to show a vaccination certificate, a Vaccine Passport isn't required.

Vaccine certificates only

If the table below says you can use a ‘Vaccine certificate’ as proof of vaccination, the following rules apply. The vaccine certificate must be issued by a national or state-level public health authority, be in English, French or Spanish, and include as a minimum:

• your forename and surname(s)
  • your date of birth
  • vaccine brand and manufacturer
  • date of vaccination for every dose
  • country or territory of vaccination and/or certificate issuer

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/countries-with-approved-covid-19-vaccination-programmes-and-proof-of-vaccination

Of course requirements can and do change fairly quickly

Note that Singapore airline and Scoot VTL (Vaccine Travel Lane) designated flights do not accept the Thailand Covid 19 vaccine certificate. They advise travelers to chose their flights carefully.

18 minutes ago, kennw said:

Note that Singapore airline and Scoot VTL (Vaccine Travel Lane) designated flights do not accept the Thailand Covid 19 vaccine certificate. They advise travelers to chose their flights carefully.

Thailand is included in the VTL from December 16.

We are supposed to fly to UK on Wednesday assuming my wifes visa arrives. To add to the compilcation her vaccination certificate while listing date s and type of vaccine in English inly cives her name in Thai. Am i right in thinking this wont be acceptable? 

1 hour ago, Kendo11 said:

We are supposed to fly to UK on Wednesday assuming my wifes visa arrives. To add to the compilcation her vaccination certificate while listing date s and type of vaccine in English inly cives her name in Thai. Am i right in thinking this wont be acceptable? 

It would seem so I'm afraid, it might be worth visiting the hospital, or vaccination centre, where the vaccine was administered and ask if they could issue one with an English spelling. She obviously wont have her passport but her ID should also have an English spelling.

The vaccine certificate must be issued by a national or state-level public health authority, be in English, French or Spanish, and include as a minimum: