Quick question - anyone recommend a Test & Go hotel in Bangkok

Very bad experience with villa khaosan - their supposed "stand by at the airport" driver came with 45 minutes delay. They serve breakfast at 10:30am (just before check out and not freshly prepared, but from the fridge, many hours after being cooked), their test results are not 6-8h (they even claimed to my thai friend they do guarantee 4-6h), but some 18h and they don't inform guests about this result - you have to call reception. 
My next would be Clover Asoke. As the only hotel I have contacted (out of some 20), they do send full policy, which is far more favourable to all the others I have seen. Their result timing is 6-10h and depends on arrival time. 

Edited by internationalism
  • Thanks 1

I just booked someone at A One hotel in Bangkok. 4,200 all inclusive. She hasn't arrived yet so can't report on her experience but it is fine as a hotel and the booking process was smooth, they seem to know what they are doing.

3 hours ago, Sheryl said:

I just booked someone at A One hotel in Bangkok. 4,200 all inclusive. She hasn't arrived yet so can't report on her experience but it is fine as a hotel and the booking process was smooth, they seem to know what they are doing.

I can only see the 8 day 7 night package on their website not the 1 night test and release ?

I had a very bad experience with the Salil.

I couldn't find the rep at the airport. I eventually found her and she said I had to wait for the others. I told her I was alone and need to leave now. She walked off!

I found her again and told her to get my driver or I would go by myself. 5 minutes later I was a driver was found.

My PCR test was at 8 am the results were promised at 8 pm. No express service is available. Breakfast was a soggy ham/cheese sandwich with a carton of OJ and some apple slices! 

I called several times to ask about my results during the day with no answers. At 8pm I was told my results were delayed until 9PM.

At 9pm I went to reception to be told that my results were delayed again. I made a lot of noise and was sent to the onsite nurse who started to wai and apologize and confessed that they delayed sending my results as they were waiting for other guests. She said they would be there at 8am the next morning!

I told her to stop groveling and get on the phone and get my results as my taxi was waiting and I was leaving. 20 minutes later I was in my taxi with the results that were time stamped at 18:38 almost 3 hours earlier!

I stayed at surestay by bestwestern sukuthmvit 2.

Good experience, airport transfer was fast, did PCR test on the road to the hotel around 9AM, slept between 10 and 5PM (amazing bed !!) woke up, called the reception and they had my PCR result, negative, checked out around 5PM.

Everything was smooth, really can't say anything negative about the experience so yep, can highly recommend that one.

Edited by Pepper9187

I suspect that hotels that have long been serving as ASQ facilities will be better as they will be quite used  to the procedures. They will also be used to sending meals to rooms. And you can easily read reviews of them online (from ASQ customers - but logically T&G experience should be similar).

A large number of hotels that never did ASQ have signed up as T&G, these will be less experienced.

I originally tried to book into one of the newly designated SHA+ places, it quickly became apparent they had no clue about the process - gave me a confirmation that listed a time 6 hours later than flight arrival, when queried seemed surprised that a different timne was needed and said "have to pay 500 baht for early check in" (it is supposed to be on a 24 hr basis) and did not seem to understand the point about need to sync with flight arrival and meet at the airport etc etc. Confirmation listed the package price but did not mention the COVID tests etc etc. Person communicated with seemed to have no idea what TP requirements were, what needed to be on the confirmation document and generally seemed to think that, despite being 3 times the normal price, this was simply a room reservation.  I quickly dropped them and went with a place that has been doing ASQ all along and had favorable review for it. this went like clockwork, big difference.

The Grand Centre Point Thonglor was decent. 

No issues finding airport staff (driver), check in was simple. 

Room decent etc... 

PCR test was taken minutes after check-in before heading up to the room (at about 9:30am).

Results available in the afternoon (we had to call down to reception to check the results). 

We left the hotel in the evening after rush-hour. 

----------

IF you are arriving in the morning and wish to save some money you may wish to choose the ‘cheapest’ option knowing that PCR results will be available by mid-afternoon and you can leave. 

Thainess seems to have ‘slipped in’ with a couple of reports of delayed results etc. 

I had the same issue with the Solitaire (after 10 days ASQ in April) - the PCR result was not ready - I’d taken a 2nd PCR test on day 9 in the morning, the result was not available by day 10 in the evening. The hotel were trying to tell me I couldn’t leave on day 11 in the morning without the result... I had to apply a little pressure to get them to chase down the result which magically appeared within 30mins after I spoke with the manager. 

(that was just ASQ - but the same silliness seems to seep through). 

Quality of food is not an issue for such a short stay - organisation of the PCR test and timing is more important. 

Also, no one wants to be waiting around at an airport for 45 mins for a driver or to be told they are waiting for ‘other passengers’ thats just terrible planning and carelessness on behalf of the hotel. 

When booking: Demand private transfer and get the ‘exact’ information of when and where your PCR test will be taken an when the results will become available (hotels should ALL know the ‘pattern’ by now).

12 minutes ago, Shannoblic said:

Sheryl - trying to book the A One now.  Have you heard good reports about them?

I have stayed there pre-COVID, it is fine as a hotel. Considered to be 4 star hotel

ASQ review I saw was good.

I am told the PCR is done at the hotel immediately in arrival. As they are also an ASQ facility, likely used to this and have testing set up already.

In a few days I'll be able to give specific report on their T&G service. The booking was easy and I found them very helpful in answering questions etc.

Main disadvantage is location - it is nto in a tourist area and other than Bangkok Hospital, nothing within walking distance that is of possible interest to a foreigner.  But this should  nto matter if using only for T&G. Only 10 minutes to Sukhumvit area when you leave.