Covid testing

Yahtzee

Last June I got a PCR test done at WellMed.  I made an appointment for noon and had the results the next afternoon.  They are located near the corner of Sukhumvit and Soi 25.  As you walk along Sukhumvit from Soi 23 towards 25 look down and you’ll see their sign.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2021 at 1:55 AM, Atlantis said:

Lots of places.

If you want value-for-money, try MedConsult Clinic (Dr Donna) on Suk 49. The walk-in ATK test is very cheap, and takes less than an hour. They were doing PCRs for 2000B recently - same day or next day depending on when you go. Their certificate is as good as any hospital's.

I just spoke with MedConsult Clinic. The PCR test with English certificate is still 2,000 Bt. Results in the evening if tested before 9 am., otherwise next day results.

A Rapid Antigen test is 500 Baht with a certificate and immediate results.

Walkins accepted, or you can book on their website. They are open every day including the upcoming holidays Dec. 5th and 10th.

The USA accepts either the PCR or Rapid Antigen test, but be sure your airline is ok with the Antigen test for boarding. I just confirmed with ANA that either test is fine for boarding in BKK headed for USA. A self or home rapid test is not ok. Ymmv.

Happy Holidays!

I didn't use WellMed for PCR but I would recommend them unreservedly in principle, the doctor spoke perfect English and was very accommodating and charged much less than I expected for an exam/consultation pre-lockdown.

For PCR I used Bumrungrad which was actually not that pricey -- in June I paid 2700 -- and you get the fancy-hospital service.  Location maybe inconvenient but I got my results super fast back then, same day.