Pattaya gets ready for their biggest event in a year, the Fireworks Festival

Jonathan Fairfield

5 minutes ago, johng said:

Just on the news   (Thairath) they showed a  Loy Krathong festival concert that was shutdown  due to people dancing !  they where supposed to stay sat in their socially distant chairs  and enjoy some foot tapping fun for  100 baht per seat.

In the video an angry performer was onstage  saying how can you expect to have a music festival with no dancing  what is the point !

I have an idea for a new T-Shirt.

"No sex dancing please, we're British Thai"

Edited by Gsxrnz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

“People who want to enter into the main event area MUST receive two doses of a Covid – 19 vaccine AND(*) must have a rapid antigen test, not more than 72 hours old.

curious asks...how will this be enforced?

9 minutes ago, wombat said:

curious asks...how will this be enforced?

Presumably fenced off with a single entrance much like with the music festival last weekend.

2 hours ago, Henryford said:

Two jabs AND a test. That will ensure that no one attends.

The fenced off areas were completely full on the first night of the music festival last weekend. Perceived value of VIP status is my guess. And guaranteed seating.

54 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Where are people going to get these tests done and how much will they cost........surely people are not going to bother.......imagine a family of four or five and the hassle and costs involved????

Any hospital and semi-decent clinic. Can be as little as 600 Baht with a certificate, 100 Baht without.

Edited by Atlantis
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Thailand said:

Has a tourist arrived?

At least over the last couple of days, there's plenty of cars along Jomtien Road - enough to cause a traffic jam. It's the Water Jet World Grand Prix this weekend, had Pattaya Music Festival last weekend, and fireworks next weekend.

All in all, it's nice to see the night market vendors finally getting a much needed windfall.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Atlantis said:

it's nice to see the night market vendors finally getting a much needed windfall

Are bars on beach road open? 

Still had time to edit. It's  a genuine question. Laugh emoji ain't all that useful.

And now I brace for more.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Haha 1

I'll be on my condo roof with a stool and a few beers, it's about 1Km away, but comfortable, a good viewpoint, and the journey home is easy.  ????

If the first one is the usual late start though, that'll do for me.  Sitting around waiting for something to happen is almost as boring as sitting around waiting for the bars to open.  ????

• Like 1

4 hours ago, redwood1 said:

People who want to enter into the main event area MUST receive two doses of a Covid – 19 vaccine AND(*) must have a rapid antigen test, not more than 72 hours old

Or

You can sit anywhere else on the beach unvaxxed, untested,un-masked,and sit in large groups and drink lots of beer...

yep i plan to i got  my space across from 7/11 booked  ha

7 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

The Pattaya Mayor says Pattaya is ready for the Pattaya Fireworks Festival from November 26th to November 27th, 2021. This will be the biggest event in Pattaya in a year, due to many closures and Covid-19 restrictions, since the last fireworks festival in November 2020.

That'll be nice for the locals something to watch, just a shame most other venues are closed.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2021 at 12:47 PM, DrJack54 said:

Are bars on beach road open? 

Still had time to edit. It's  a genuine question. Laugh emoji ain't all that useful.

And now I brace for more.

I don't know, I don't go up there often enough. Trying hard to think back to a while ago back on the beach...there were some places open along it, but didn't notice if they were restaurants or proper bars.

Drove along Pattaya Sai 2 recently and the side sois leading from Beach Road to looked very quiet.