Government speeds up vaccination with aim to achieve 100 million administered doses by month’s end

webfact

16 minutes ago, Bendi said:

When they give me Pfiser or Mordena il be ther. And i can pay for it. I dont understand i have to go BKK or other big citys to get it. Im here and there is a hospital. Give the people the best vac at there home site.

Exactly, I have spent the last 2 years in my garden or behind my desk at home - yet, to get vaccinated I need to go to a shopping mall, a place that I have been avoiding for 2 years, where my odds of catching the virus are far higher. All the old members of the village were vaccinated in a day (with Sinovac) in the village clinic, just 5 mins on the bike and a 30 min wait - yet, AZ or Pfizer can only be administered at a shopping mall, that would take pretty much all day to get to, vaccine and get back - im confused.

30 minutes ago, Gold Star said:

Where have you been this last year? We still can’t get anything else yet in Chiang Rai. It is Sinovac as first or nothing, hence so many remain unvaccinated here.

What's so difficult about just driving over to Chiang Mai and getting vaccinated?

You could have been vaccinated with double Pfizer since a few weeks already.

1 hour ago, Tonypandy said:

Really, who says they are cost effective? Pfizer. 

They’re about £20 per shot. You only need an IQ in single figures to work out the costs to the health service of the prevention of admissions and treatment plus the loss to the economy of people being ill /unable to work and the costs to the economy of shut businesses and furlough(employment support )  dwarf that of vaccination. AZ are supplying on a non profit basis. What’s your score….?

3 minutes ago, jackdd said:

What's so difficult about just driving over to Chiang Mai and getting vaccinated?

You could have been vaccinated with double Pfizer since a few weeks already.

That is good news. It is hard enough for those in the villages to come down off the mountains to get to town, let alone Chiang Mai. Perhaps if they organized a few hundred busses for them, and take the whole population to Chiang Mai for a jab and bring them back, that might work out well. I'm fully jabbed myself.

7 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Putting in another way, there are 50 countries that recognise Sinovac for travel including USA. 

More importantly, there are 143 countries (73%) that DO NOT recognize Sinovac.

The following countries allow entry for persons vaccinated with the Sinovac vaccine, but some on this list will let you in , but have additional restrictions with Sinovac, like you cannot go out in public.

Albania Finland Paraguay
Armenia Georgia Philippines
Austria Greece Serbia
Azerbaijan Hong Kong Slovenia
Bangladesh Iceland South Africa
Brazil Indonesia Spain
Cambodia Kazakhstan Sri Lanka
Cape Verde Kyrgyzstan Sweden
Chile Laos Switzerland
China Macedonia Tajikistan
Colombia Malaysia Thailand
Cyprus Mexico Togo
Dominican Republic Nepal Tunisia
East Timor Netherlands Turkey
Ecuador Oman Ukraine
Egypt Pakistan Uruguay
El Salvador Panama Zimbabwe
    United States of America

8 hours ago, vmack153 said:

Or everywhere else in the world where Sinovac is not approved to allow entry into their countries. 

Starting 30 november Sinovac is accepted in Canada, and some country in Europe 

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/covid-vaccinated-travellers-entering-canada?_ga=2.178538852.1304556640.1637579773-1871326646.1637406746

2 hours ago, nchuckle said:

They’re about £20 per shot. You only need an IQ in single figures to work out the costs to the health service of the prevention of admissions and treatment plus the loss to the economy of people being ill /unable to work and the costs to the economy of shut businesses and furlough(employment support )  dwarf that of vaccination. AZ are supplying on a non profit basis. What’s your score….?

What furlough was provided in Thailand? You are obviously talking from a UK prospective £. 

It's good to see that all these vaccinations are preventing people from getting covid. But unfortunately that's not happening is it? 

Now Blobbi Johnson is trying to convince the jabbed that the jab isn't working so they need a booster. 

You only need an IQ in single figures to work that one out 

On 11/22/2021 at 9:15 AM, SymS said:

The Thai government says 2x Sinovac + 1x Astra offer the best protection (80 to 90%), while two Astra shots are less effective (70 to 80%), and I suppose that's the max efficacy after two weeks only, after which it slowly declines.

I apologize for not including the link for the image. I got it from CM108 on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/chiangmai108/posts/4728384380541088

They say it comes from the Department of Disease Control.

• 1 month later...
On 11/22/2021 at 5:41 PM, vivananahuahin said:

I wait Novavax(covavax) vaccine i will pay with a smile, don't want Rna or other vaccines,then next year may be.

Have you heard any recent (December 2021 to present day) news on Thailand's plans to import this vaccine? Lack of full spike protein, but ability for immune system to recognise alternative exterior features of the virus sounds a lot safer than what has been on offer so far.