Getting back in...

Hi,

I've been in the UK for the past year and plan to be back in Thailand by no later than Christmas Eve. I plan to start the process today (air ticket, then visa, then Thailand Pass). Could anyone tell me if a month is enough time to get the Non-O visa and Thailand Pass approved or to be on the safe side, should I leave it until the new year? Would like to get back for Christmas but have to be realistic at the same time. 

Any advice would be appreciated, thank you.

Ed

Should be plenty of time, but if you are concerned then look for an airline that has fee-free date changes and likewise for the test and go hotel.

Thailand Pass for me from the UK was approved in 2 days just recently for travel at Xmas.

Edited by Tuvoc
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BritTim said:

It may be simpler to forget applying for a Non O visa, and just enter visa exempt. Do you have a good reason why you do not want to do that?

Duration of intended stay, I’d imagine... he may be married etc and wish to stay here for longer than a month (or month+7 day extension etc and not want to border hop which is tricky at the moment). 

Note: The Visa can be applied for at the same time as the Thailand Pass

i.e. it is not required to apply for the Visa first as the Thailand Pass does not require visa documents to be submitted (I mention this as lot of people do not seem to know that the Thailand pass only requires minimal documents for application: Passport ID, Vaccine Cert, Insurance, AQ hotel booking)

I gave myself four weeks in advance. I did the flight arrangements, hotel Sha+, Travel insurance. Then I put in for the tourist visa. The evisa was the hardest but once I submitted everything and it was pending then I did the Thailand pass which was easier. Everything got approved-I did the RT-PCR and now I fly from Hawaii to Japan to Thailand tomorrow. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Pravda said:

This is news to me

As I wrote earlier, there are many who do not understand all their options. Applying for a Non Immigrant visa in Thailand when on a tourist entry (possible in many situations) is one of the important options that is available.

• Like 1

Hello Chaps,

Like the original poster I am going back to Thailand early 2022,

I want to go back on a single entry 90 day non o visa and the in the last 30 days extend by marriage.. (been married to thai lady for 10 years)

I want to apply early next week, as I am off to work again outside UK (I am uk citizen), and the duration of the job is unknown and when I return (or possibly before) apply for my Thailand Pass and then go to Thailand

I have no flight booked to but have just entered a flight number (EK 384 DXB -BKK ) and approximate travel dates into the application, I have all the other relevant docs, cash in bank etc, I am just worried about not having a confirmed flight for visa application ( I know I need one for the Thailand Pass), will I still get the non o 90 day issued with no confirmed flight.

Many Thanks in advance,

4 minutes ago, Martin71 said:

Hello Chaps,

Like the original poster I am going back to Thailand early 2022,

I want to go back on a single entry 90 day non o visa and the in the last 30 days extend by marriage.. (been married to thai lady for 10 years)

I want to apply early next week, as I am off to work again outside UK (I am uk citizen), and the duration of the job is unknown and when I return (or possibly before) apply for my Thailand Pass and then go to Thailand

I have no flight booked to but have just entered a flight number (EK 384 DXB -BKK ) and approximate travel dates into the application, I have all the other relevant docs, cash in bank etc, I am just worried about not having a confirmed flight for visa application ( I know I need one for the Thailand Pass), will I still get the non o 90 day issued with no confirmed flight.

Many Thanks in advance,

Sorry don't know the answer to that. I didn't really want to buy a flight until my visa was approved, however I decided to play it safe and have paid for one just on case. Am now awaiting decision from the embassy.