Latest crackdown on illegal street racing sees nearly 20,000 bikes seized - law changes on way

webfact

5 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Does anybody have a statistic about how many racing cars were confiscated from the owners in the last years? Or do all those luxury car drivers only use them to stay in the traffic jam?

And how about all those drivers who cause accidents because the play with their phones while they are supposed to concentrate on the road?

I understand that bikes are a problem. But they are not the only problem. The difference seems to be that the relative cheap bikes and the not HiSo owners are an easy target for the police.

No, bikes are not the only problem, but it is one they are targetting and seeking to stiffen the law about. The police are dealing with the problem of bike racing, and there are still some who find a reason to complain.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

No, bikes are not the only problem, but it is one they are targetting and seeking to stiffen the law about. The police are dealing with the problem of bike racing, and there are still some who find a reason to complain.

The police are doing something so that they can say they do something. And they ignore a lot of other problems because it might be more difficult for them to tell i.e. that Mercedes driver that she shouldn't play with facebook while driving.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Does anybody have a statistic about how many racing cars were confiscated from the owners in the last years? Or do all those luxury car drivers only use them to stay in the traffic jam?

And how about all those drivers who cause accidents because the play with their phones while they are supposed to concentrate on the road?

I understand that bikes are a problem. But they are not the only problem. The difference seems to be that the relative cheap bikes and the not HiSo owners are an easy target for the police.

OP says Cars are being done as well. 

"The latest crackdown from November 10th to 20th saw 19,046 motorcycles confiscated and 118 cars seized nationwide."

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

They're talking about nightly street races what are annoying the people in the near who can't sleep!!!
Sometimes there are somehundred racers and spectators and all on public roads with normal traffic.
Nothing to do with luxury cars & people play on their phones.

If you live in the near of of a racing point you will know what they're talking about.

The most younger drivers of luxury cars use it to catch girls & not for racing.

Edited by snowgard
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, snowgard said:

They're talking about nightly street races what are annoying the people in the near who can't sleep!!!
Sometimes there are somehundred racers and spectators and all on public roads with normal traffic.

If you live in the near of of a racing point you will know what they're talking about.

I live in Sukhumvit I and see every day many annoying drivers who try to drive their cars while they play with their phones. And the police does nothing! I wonder how more motorcycle riders get killed from racing or because some smart phone playing drivers can't be bothered to watch the street and traffic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, snowgard said:

Obviously there Willys are too small then ?

• Haha 1

Is this the unelected soldier posing as a PM doing something right for a change? What is going to happen to all the confiscated motorbikes? They should auction them off and use the money to help those who are unemployed because of this Cvirus.