Another Phuket bridge jump prevented

snoop1130

01.jpg

Officers at the scene on the Sarasin Bridge last night (Nov 22). Photo: Tha Chatchai Police

PHUKET: Police confirmed today (Nov 23) that they were able to successfully dissuade a young man from taking his own life by jumping from the Sarasin Bridge late last night.

Officers from Tha Chatchai Police Station were notified by a local citizen around 11:45pm last night that the man had parked his Isuzu pick-up truck on the outbound side of the bridge, left his vehicle and prepared to jump off into the water below.

On arriving at the scene, police officers and officials from the Tha Chatchai checkpoint spoke to the man in order to calm him down before he agreed to come down from his position. He was then taken to Tha Chatchai Police Station where his relatives were alerted to come and collect him.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/another-phuket-bridge-jump-prevented-82134.php

pkt..jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-11-23

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, arithai12 said:

From the main article "... into the dangerous fast-moving water in the channel below."

What I don't understand is:  (quote)

" the man was experiencing personal problems and had become so desperate that he had decided to take his own life."

and what do they do? they call his relatives "to collect him".

Isn't this like hitting the rewind and repeat button? Social services and psychological support would be more in order, but perhaps I am dreaming.

Exactly what I thought when I read it ... what utter dunderheads.

1 hour ago, AustinRacing said:

Sounds like a drama queen. Many easier and more effective ways to take your life. Doing it in places that can be seen by others such as bridges and buildings is often a cry for attention. 

Yea, people who actually want to end it  ... succeed.  

3 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Yea, people who actually want to end it  ... succeed.  

Saw many succeed as we pulled them from the San Francisco Bay after leaping from the center of the GG Bridge.  1 actually survived but later succeeded after a 2nd jump.

• Sad 1