Cost of 24 hr test and wait process

I have booked a room at Sinsuvarn airport suite hotel for one night.  It is about 800 B including breakfast and maybe other meals too.  They do the test at the hotel and it costs 4000THB.  Attached is what they sent me.  Is this the normal charge?  They are very clear about what they are providing for this price.  The room price is OK and they will let me park my car at the hotel for a week for a few hundred baht which is pretty handy.  

It all seems ok but I thought I would check.  I have my Thailand pass already btw, but the lady at the hotel said they will want proof of payment for the test at immigration on entry.  I will have had a recent PCR test in France as is currently required.

Any chance of a cheap rapid test being allowed in the next week or so?  Thanks very much for any comments.

Screenshot (28).png

RIN 6-2 SHA Plus Reservation Information..docx

19 hours ago, notrub said:

They do the test at the hotel and it costs 4000THB. 

You have no other choice for the covid 19 test.

You could change to another hotel if you do not like the price of it.

You will not be able to drive your car from the airport to the hotel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I would have serious concerns that all described is acceptable to the 'Thailand Pass' folks, and will be accepted on arrival at Suvarnabhumi airport by the 'Thailand Pass', health, immigration team. 

59 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

11 minutes ago, scorecard said:

I would have serious concerns that all described is acceptable to the 'Thailand Pass' folks, and will be accepted on arrival at Suvarnabhumi airport by the 'Thailand Pass', health, immigration team. 

I think that is what I was trying to state. What I wrote is correct.

• Like 1

Here I am in snowy Annecy, France.  I got my TP by showing booking details of my hotel along with insurance and other required information.  The TP arrived pretty quickly, maybe I am a lucky example. (**check you spam folder) The Sinsuvarn Airport Suite (SHA Plus+) hotel had not got into full swing (although approved) when I booked and they have since given me the form showing I have paid for the test when I get back next week.  Ms. Charuwan Deelert was most helpful and the hotel looks good although I have yet to sleep there.  I went there on my way to  Bangkok Suvarnabhumi;  It is a 10 min taxi ride to the AP (<150 baht c/w tip).  I mentioned that the rapid test may be accepted by the time I get there on the 6th next month and if it is they will refund part of the payment that is the testing bit.  I parked my car there, 3 days free the rest 80 per day.  My flight arrives at 0700 and they said just call the hotel and they will send an approved vehicle to collect me, not according to some fixed timetable.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM.  (I booked through Agoda) They have been most helpful and they are pretty easy to find and are out side of the Suvarnabhumi tangle of multiple roads etc.. With my car there at the hotel I can just jump in it directly and go home after the 24hr waiting period (or whatever it is then).

The checking of my vaccine history was very thorough getting onto my flight here to France.  If all the countries sending tourist to Thailand are as careful checking  departures as they are at Suvarnabhumi then there will continue few infected visitors arriving by air.

I applied for the COE (and got it) and also the TP (and got it) and did not feel there was much simplification with the new process.  

Screenshot (32).png

If you arrive at 7am you might even not have to stay in the hotel over night.

I arrived last week at 6am, checked in at the Pattaya hotel and got tested at 9am, got the result around 5pm and was free to go.

Edited by JustAnotherHun
  • Like 1

10 12 2021

Thanks for the comments.  I am back now, being processed at Bangkok Suvarnabhumi went pretty smoothly and there was a big team of hotel rep helpers getting people onto the right transfer minibuses outside exit C.  You beat me on the parking KannikaP but otherwise I am happy with the hotel Sinsuvarn Airport Suite (SHA Plus+).  Got tested at 11:00 and results at 19:00.  Only obliged to spend a short while enjoying morning Bangkok traffic b4 clearing the worst of it and heading home to Isaan.  PCR test was free in France with a Carte Vital (govt health card).  

It will be a very long time b4 I fly any place again.   Take care.

• Thanks 1