Selling Car In Chiang Mai But W/Bangkok License Plate & Registration....

jeffandgop

I am selling my Honda CRV. I live in Chiang Mai and my DL has my Chiang Mai address and I also have a Yellow Tambien Baan with my Chiang Mai address.

The car was originally purchased in Bangkok and has a Bangkok license plate.

The Buyer lives in Chiang Mai as well.

How do I transact the sale with the Land Transport Office here in Chiang Mai?  I'm being told I have to drive the car to the Bangkok Land Transport Office in order to accomplish the sale!!???

Edited by metisdead
ALL CAPS removed from topic title.

3 minutes ago, jeffandgop said:

I'm being told I have to drive the car to the Bangkok Land Transport Office in order to accomplish the sale!!???

As far as I'm aware you don't have to got to Bangkok  to sell the car   it is the buyer who has the responsibility to register it in their name after the sale.

Having said that  the new buyer or yourself can go to the local Department of Land transportation and request that the vehicle be "moved" to Chaing Mai  province  issued new number plates and then register the new owner in the blue book  this will take at least 2 trips. if you give the new buyer all the required documents they can go do all of this themself.

Have a look in the zip file below for some clues.

Vehicle_Transfer_2.zip

5 minutes ago, jeffandgop said:

I'm being told I have to drive the car to the Bangkok Land Transport Office in order to accomplish the sale!!???

Who told you that?

In the car ownership blue book, who is the registered owner and what city is their address as stated ?

8 minutes ago, Bill97 said:

Who told you that?

In the car ownership blue book, who is the registered owner and what city is their address as stated ?

I am the registered owner and the city is Bangkok where I used to reside and where I purchased the car new originally. The Blue Book has that Bangkok address where I had lived.

Edited by jeffandgop