Flying From Bangkok To Surat Thani Then On To Koh Phangan

mikalmus

I'm heading back to LOS soon and meeting my girlfriend in Bangkok for a few nights before we travel back down to Koh Phangan together. As a bit of a suprise I am planning on flying down since she has never flown before and tends to go on a bit about how she wants to fly. Anyhoo...I know my options are either Samui or Surat Thani. Flying To Surat Thani seems like the much cheaper option in terms of flights (which is important to me) but then what do I do from there? The airasia flight arrives at 10.15am. I saw a link for a service from the airport to Samui, which leaves at 10.30. That is cutting it a little too fine though. Is there a service that can link the airport to the pier to Koh Phangan without too much hassel? I could bite the bullet and fly to Samui but the planes that leave at a reasonable time are far more expensive than to Surat Thani.

Any advice welcome. Its all leaving me with a bit of a headache tbh.

Mikalmus, the flight down to Surat is by far the cheaper. The coach connection to the ferry will wait for the plane if it is late as its the only flight due at that time. You then get the ferry from either Dan sak or Surat. Not sure if you can go direct so you may end up going to Samui first. Enjoy!!!!!

Mikalmus, good to see you are not using the Bangkok Air rip off.

Its really easy, when you come out of the terminal the bus will be waiting. It will take you direct to the Raja Ferry port in Donsak. Takes about 2 hours. Costs about 280 Baht each including the boat ticket. This option is becoming very popular now as it is so much cheaper.

Can also think about the night sleeper train from Bangkok to Surat. Also cheap and good fun.

Mikalmus, good to see you are not using the Bangkok Air rip off.

Its really easy, when you come out of the terminal the bus will be waiting. It will take you direct to the Raja Ferry port in Donsak. Takes about 2 hours. Costs about 280 Baht each including the boat ticket. This option is becoming very popular now as it is so much cheaper.

Can also think about the night sleeper train from Bangkok to Surat. Also cheap and good fun.

if i were you i would come to samui on the 1st flight 2500b then go to koh phanghan from ban rak ,by the timeyou way up all the costs it not that much different :o

Thanks for the help. This link from Surat Thani Airport to Donsak then onto Samui, is it easy enough to continue the leg onto Koh Phangan?

Lazeeboy, the first flight leaves at 6am, to me that takes out a lot of the convinience of flying. We would have to wake up at 3am, and I don't think it would be that fun.