Can I get a 60 day Covid extension if I entered Visa Exempt?

5 hours ago, essex boys said:

Sorry to butt in on this thread, I will be in the same position, I arrive on a 30 day visa free then I’m going to extend that another 30 days at immigration, what documents do I need to show to get the 60 day covid extension?

About the same as what you will need for the 30 day extension plus a affidavit that has tick boxes for your reason for needing it.

5 hours ago, essex boys said:

Sorry to butt in on this thread, I will be in the same position, I arrive on a 30 day visa free then I’m going to extend that another 30 days at immigration, what documents do I need to show to get the 60 day covid extension?

A TM30 form from your hotel/accommodation . 

Best to ask your Hotel whether they can/will supply you with one .

They just need to go to immigration and let them know that you are staying there  

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

They just need to go to immigration and let them know that you are staying there  

The majority of hotels and etc are doing the the TM30 reports online. In that case you can ask them for screenshot of it.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

About the same as what you will need for the 30 day extension plus a affidavit that has tick boxes for your reason for needing it.

Strange...  My recent experience was quite different.  I am also here on a visa exemption and have already received my "usual" 30 day extension.

I went to immigration (Hua Hin) well in advance of needing the COVID extension.  I went with the COVID affidavit filled out.  I wanted to make sure I completed it correctly.  They told me I didn't need it.  Instead, they gave me the attached form and told me to bring the documents back this week, which I did on Wednesday.

Title of document "LIST OF COVID-19 VISA (Document) 60 days"

Application TM7

One photograph

Copy of passport

Letter from embassy for confirmation and request for a temporary stay in Thailand by COVID 19 situation (in my case I received an email from the embassy's consular services)

1900 Baht fee

Proof of address (since I rent), copy of the rental agreement, copy of landlord's ID, copy of blue book for apartment I'm renting, copy of blue book for landlord's home.

They stamped my passport and told me to come back in 15 days for final determination if I would receive the COVID extension.

I'm beginning to wonder if I somehow applied for the wrong extension?  The immigration officer I was dealing with on both occasions spoke English very well.  I was confident I was being understood and that I understood his directions.  I had the same officer for both trips to immigration.  The fact that I initially came with a completed COVID 19 extension affidavit, made me confident he understood what I was after.

Now I'm beginning to wonder if there's something amiss...  My initial 30 day extension expires on December 12.  I will find out if I'm granted the COVID extension on December 9th.  That's cutting it close...

20211126_110128.jpg

21 minutes ago, NotReallyHere said:

They stamped my passport and told me to come back in 15 days for final determination if I would receive the COVID extension.

That is normal for the 60 day covid 19 extension. It has to approved by a higher level of immigration. You will get the 60 day extension stamp when your return on the report bank date on the under consideration stamp.

Hua Hin is about the only office I am aware of that is still insisting on the letter from your embassy be submitted.

The affidavit even has box to tick for not being able to get a letter from your embassy.

• Thanks 1

Hi All, many thanks for your replies and help, @ubonjoe how do get hold of an affidavit form? Is it downloadable from somewhere or is it only available from the immigration office…( I will be staying at the girlfriends house in Khon Kaen, so I will be going to Khon Kaen immigration)

16 minutes ago, essex boys said:

Hi All, many thanks for your replies and help, @ubonjoe how do get hold of an affidavit form? Is it downloadable from somewhere or is it only available from the immigration office…( I will be staying at the girlfriends house in Khon Kaen, so I will be going to Khon Kaen immigration)

It is in the pinned topic titled Immigration Templates.

60 Day Covid 19 Extension Affidavit.pdf229.8 kB · 821 downloads