Documents to show at airport

I have got my Thai Pass sorted. I am flying from the UK, with a tourist visa via Thai Airways for a few weeks.

I have my RT-PCR test booked.

Apart from my Thai pass, PCR certificate, passport and ticket. What else do I need to show/take?

I will print everything out - hotel booking, insurance, etc just in case

Immigration officials may also ask for evidence of adequate finances and have refused entry to people who could not show this. This is not defined in law and can be interpreted in a number of ways (i.e. backhanders demanded)

Very unlikely though.....I have never been asked in 30 years.

• Confused 1

My wife and I were interrogated and nearly refused entry a few times in the past. Are we working in Thailand? Why are we staying so long? Where is my money coming from, show me the proof.

We got Thailand Elite visas and this never happened again.

However during this initial Thailand Pass phase I think they will be more relaxed til tourist numbers rise and you are unlikely to be interrogated.

Edited by wasabi

13 hours ago, WalsallRobbo said:

Apart from my Thai pass, PCR certificate, passport and ticket. What else do I need to show/take?

If fully vaccinated you may need proof of that when entering.

Are you entering on the test and go if vaccinated or unvaccinated for the 10 day quarantine.

Make sure you have hard copies of the documents you submitted to get your Thailand Pass. The issue of showing them seems to happen at the airline check in desk where airline staff are following the old COE rules where passengers did have to show all documents. While you may not have to show them, better to have copies. The airline will also ask for proof of a return or onward ticket showing you are leaving Thailand. 

Upon arrival in Thailand you will only need to show the Thailand Pass, rather than the documents you submitted to get your approval, when going through immigration. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DFPhuket said:

Make sure you have hard copies of the documents you submitted to get your Thailand Pass. The issue of showing them seems to happen at the airline check in desk where airline staff are following the old COE rules where passengers did have to show all documents. While you may not have to show them, better to have copies. The airline will also ask for proof of a return or onward ticket showing you are leaving Thailand. 

Upon arrival in Thailand you will only need to show the Thailand Pass, rather than the documents you submitted to get your approval, when going through immigration. 

I was quite sure you DO NOT have to show an onward ticket if you arrive with a visa. For example a 60 day tourist visa.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, alex8912 said:

I was quite sure you DO NOT have to show an onward ticket if you arrive with a visa. For example a 60 day tourist visa.  

4 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Although the airline may not let you board the flight if you only have a one way ticket 

If you have a valid visa of any kind a return or onward ticket is not required for entry to the country. It has been the same for many years. 

Only a few embassies and consulates are requiring a return or onward ticket to apply for a tourist visa.

You can verify that by entering some info here. https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/passport-visa-health-travel-document-requirements.htm

• Like 1

16 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Re-entered Thailand yesterday from Dubai. Immigration asked for my Thailand Pass , nothing else. Entered no problem.

May I ask if you came to Bangkok or Phuket and if the flight was full? 

Was reading some reports of half empty flights here before.  

34 minutes ago, bokningar said:

May I ask if you came to Bangkok or Phuket and if the flight was full? 

Was reading some reports of half empty flights here before.  

Emirates Dubai to Bkk on Wednesday morning was 99% full, as it was going out the previous week.

17 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Re-entered Thailand yesterday from Dubai. Immigration asked for my Thailand Pass , nothing else. Entered no problem.

I entered Thailand from Dubai about two weeks  ago and they wanted to see hard copies of everything , Thai Pass, vax cert, hotel booking, insurance and Boarding card!  twice before even getting to immigration.

So maybe they removing the pointless additional checks we went through but i would have hard copies of everything just in case it reverts to type

4 hours ago, alex8912 said:

The original poster indicated he was arriving on a tourist visa; therefore, a return or onward ticket will be required by the airline when checking in. 

3 minutes ago, DFPhuket said:

The original poster indicated he was arriving on a tourist visa; therefore, a return or onward ticket will be required by the airline when checking in. 

The safest/cheapest option is to "rent" an airline ticket confirmation from a real-life travel agency.

OneWayFly.com is a service that books a real return ticket in your name, then cancels it for you later. 

12 minutes ago, DFPhuket said:

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If you have a valid visa of any kind a return or onward ticket is not required for entry to the country. It has been the same for many years. 

Only a few embassies and consulates are requiring a return or onward ticket to apply for a tourist visa.

You can verify that by entering some info here. https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/passport-visa-health-travel-document-requirements.htm

• Like 1

i was in a rush when booking my flight, and not 100% if i dropped a gooly? 

i am hoping to get a 90 day non-imm-o for married to a Thai

seen a half decent price so booked, now i am looking my 90 day is near 91 days 

does my day landing in Thailand count which is the 8th or the 7th when i turn up

at manchester airport. my reasoning goes if i was on a boat they only count

arrival in Thailand so same same but most of us have had issues at Airports 

before. anyone know 100%. Cheers,     

5 minutes ago, zoza said:

i was in a rush when booking my flight, and not 100% if i dropped a gooly? 

i am hoping to get a 90 day non-imm-o for married to a Thai

seen a half decent price so booked, now i am looking my 90 day is near 91 days 

does my day landing in Thailand count which is the 8th or the 7th when i turn up

at manchester airport. my reasoning goes if i was on a boat they only count

arrival in Thailand so same same but most of us have had issues at Airports 

before. anyone know 100%. Cheers,     

The 90 days from your visa starts on the day you enter the country.

On 11/25/2021 at 8:51 PM, WalsallRobbo said:

I will print everything out - hotel booking, insurance, etc just in case

I think that is the most important point.

I.e. it should be obvious that you have a valid health insurance, otherwise you would not be allowed to enter Thailand. But it's still a good idea to have that document available on arrival.

I entered at BKK early on November 28th.  At the chairs before the first counter helpers wanted to see Thailand pass, passport, copy of vaccine certificate, PCR test results, arrival/departure card and boarding pass.

Then allowed to go to the counter and the documents were checked by official.  After that we proceeded to immigration and all the same documents were needed as well as the print out if my e-visa approval.

I hated all the prep work and process to get the e-visa and Thailand pass but the airport entry was smooth.

59 minutes ago, AKJeff said:

I entered at BKK early on November 28th.  At the chairs before the first counter helpers wanted to see Thailand pass, passport, copy of vaccine certificate, PCR test results, arrival/departure card and boarding pass.

Then allowed to go to the counter and the documents were checked by official.  After that we proceeded to immigration and all the same documents were needed as well as the print out if my e-visa approval.

I hated all the prep work and process to get the e-visa and Thailand pass but the airport entry was smooth.

Exactly my experience with COE. Except more than one counter prior to Immigration counter.

All of which checked everything. Which begs the question of what is the use of the QR code?