Rainy Season Destination?

Nakrob

I'm spending 10 days in Thailand from start of August and need some advice on where to go.

Bit of context. I lived and worked in BKK for 12 months in 2001 and have been back a dozen times since. My gf lives in Sisaket and we're getting engaged on this trip, hence my parents will also be on board for the full 10 days. We've got 4 days planned in Sisaket for familys to meet and greet and then my gf and I are planning to head away for a few days with my folks before they have to fly back to UK from Bangkok.

We've had a couple of aborted trips to Koh Chang in recent years and really want to go but I'm worried that early August can be a wash out on Trat. Anyone had experience of a. Koh Chang, b. Koh Chang in August?

Alternatively, where would be a good place to take my parents? Pook and I are happy to keep things basic when we're holidaying in Thailand but I'm concious that as this trip is my parents first to Thailand, I don't want to take them too far out of their comfort zone in terms of transport/accomodation etc.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Welcome to Chiangmai in August ..Cool rainy season here

Baan klang doi hotel resort & spa ..20 km.from downtown..,airport ,night barzar

Olatravel would like to offer your family 1 Big lanna home 3 bedrooms 3 bathroom

special price for you only $125 per night..with fruits basket and honey moon wine

Free Transfer from airport ..6 people ABF with a nice swimming pool

We can arrenge a package for elephant riding , visiting handicraft home industry,silk and textile in Sankamphang. wood craving at Ban Tawai

Khantok dinner for your honeymoon with parents ,take a pix for wedding in Lanna

style with family..or relaxing with Aroma spa..

3 days 2 night in Chiangmai before Kho Chang You will not forget

Email : [email protected]..

best,

Jan :o

KC is one of the places you'd better avoid early august (unfortunately).

i suggest u check reliable weather report (internet) and decide short-time whilst in Bkk. at least, that's what I use(d) to to after lots lots of disappointment with useless, rainy trips south. All the time I decided to stay KC it was perfect weather in Phuket. Next, I switched, went Phuket instead, guess what happened? Rain in Phuket, sun in KC! Never again, I can tellya.... :o

You have to take your parents to Khao Phra Viharn whenyou are in Si Saket...cant come all that way for nothing. Unforunately the best conditions for beaches at this time of year is on the Samui side but not Koh Chang. I reckon go north to Chiang Mai.......the advertisement (is that allowed) above, is worth considering as it's cheap if the prices is correct for you and your parents. But you could save money by staying in a guesthouse. You could organise your own transport for the time you are there ...... with driver come guide.......that way you will see heaps more than just going onyour own. The money saved by staying in one of the better gusthouses could be used on transport and guide if needed. nice time to be up there too. Rivers are full, everything is green.

Khao Phra Viharn is already on the agenda, as is the candle festival in Ubon. We've written off KC for now as its not worth the trip if theres a high chance of a wash out. We've already got transport sorted out so I reckon CM will be a goer. Thanks for your replies.