Mugged by a monk this morning

Zyte

So this monk was in the middle of the road near Kata beach , he waved me down tied a bit of string around my wrist and demanded money. I thought you’ve got me now so I gave him twenty baht to get rid of him to which he asked for a hundred , which of course I did not give him.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

That's so weird.  I got monked by a mug this morning!

It fell from a shelf above my desk and caught me on the top of the head in such a fashion that it removed a perfect four inch diameter circle of hair from the top of my head.

had same happen last week !

22 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

That's so weird.  I got monked by a mug this morning!

It fell from a shelf above my desk and caught me on the top of the head in such a fashion that it removed a perfect four inch diameter circle of hair from the top of my head.

Circle of hair or the whole disk?

• Haha 1

Similar Phuket story from a year ago, did the "monk" look like anyone in this photo?

S__23453705.jpg?v=1605086469

Two Thai males and a female from Lopburi were caught today, November 11, after allegedly impersonating a group of monks and soliciting donations in the Phuket area.

https://thepattayanews.com/2020/11/11/group-of-thai-nationals-arrested-for-allegedly-impersonating-a-group-of-monks-and-soliciting-donations-in-phuket-area/

• Haha 1

For sure don't stop if they are hitching a ride. I stupid stopped for one my early days here. Road Patong to Karon. He soon asked  me for his bus fare to somewhere up county. I politely refused. he asked I stop and he got out. Guess try the next sucker. Thais easier touch with monks.