Tempered Glass in Furniture

japanese

9 minutes ago, japanese said:

Do regulations here require the glass to have the manufacturer logo?

This is furniture for your own home ?  I highly doubt there are any regulations and if so who would enforce them ?

I'm glad you are using tempered glass  the amount of extremely dangerous  broken coffee table tops ( not tempered huge shards of dagger glass)

I've seen dumped by the rubbish bins is pretty horrific.

Can you let us know  where you are buying your glass from,location and cost would be great too.

13 minutes ago, johng said:

This is furniture for your own home ?  I highly doubt there are any regulations and if so who would enforce them ?

I'm glad you are using tempered glass  the amount of extremely dangerous  broken coffee table tops ( not tempered huge shards of dagger glass)

I've seen dumped by the rubbish bins is pretty horrific.

Can you let us know  where you are buying your glass from,location and cost would be great too.

A local glass guy has done it actually, and I am seeing the logo on the glass and not super happy with it.

My understanding, having google, is that tempered glass generally has to have it. The manufacturer has to do it.  But depending on country, not necessarily for private use.  I have read a waiver can be signed for example.

But in Thailand?

5 minutes ago, japanese said:

A local glass guy has done it actually, and I am seeing the logo on the glass and not super happy with it.

My understanding, having google, is that tempered glass generally has to have it. The manufacturer has to do it.  But depending on country, not necessarily for private use.  I have read a waiver can be signed for example.

But in Thailand?

The standard answer to any paradox that ends with the question (rhetorical or not) "But in Thailand?" is "up to you".

I only had  a couple of dealings with tempered glass in the UK,  at a local glassier

they cut "bog standard"  3mm glass to size and diamond drilled a 25mm hole in it

I tried it in the place it was going to slide into  (make sure it fits first)  then he told me to come back in a couple of days  because they had to  heat treat it in their oven

( I think they dip it in salt water too)  anyway  there where no markings on the glass indicating it was "tempered"   but I have seen markings on consumer products from IKEA and such.

I can't say I have ever read or heard a story in Thailand of any sort of "tempered" glass crackdowns,inspections,regulation,prosecutions or anything !

If you don't like the markings then tell the supplier you dont want them  and as @Gsxrnz  said already  T.I.T  "up to you"

Edited by johng

1 hour ago, japanese said:

But in Thailand?

If it doesn’t have the marking how do you know that you got what you paid for? Not just standard plate glass.