Rare dolphin found dead in Chonburi sea

Jonathan Fairfield

LXvxkS7Y-882695-768x432-1.jpeg

A bottlenose dolphin was found dead in the sea in Mueang Chonburi earlier this week.

Officials from the Marine and Coastal Resource 2 Chonburi team were notified of the dead dolphin on Thursday (November 25th) in the Bang Sai sub-district.

They arrived at a bridge near the sea to find a fisherman, Mr. Chaiyaphon Kaemasiri, 37, standing with the dead dolphin on the bridge.

Chaiyaphon told TPN media, “I was sitting on the bridge which is about 100 meters into the sea when I saw the dead dolphin floating in the water. I went down into the sea on my boat and pulled it up, and then called authorities for assistance.”

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/11/27/rare-dolphin-found-dead-in-chonburi-sea/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Sad 3

Rare? Depending on what sort of bottlenose dolphin it was. Least Concern or Near Threatened. Interesting concept, near threatened. Next on the list to least concern and vulnerable.

Anyways, I digress. Rare my backside. Might be rare in the sea around Chonburi, but that is probably because the pods have learned to stay away.