Special Tourist Visa

Has anyone had any success applying for a tourist visa to stay more than 90 days? I thought I had read on this forum that they had extended the special tourist visa for another year. However, when I check the Thai embassy and consulate websites in Canada there is no mention of it, instead you are directed to the evisa site in Thailand. There is also no mention of or reference to the special tourist visa on the evisa site. There is a note that the multi-entry tourist visa is no longer available, only the single entry tourist visa for 60 days with no guarantee of extension. I am not willing to undergo all the hassle and added expense to come back to Thailand (prior to covid, I was spending 5.5 months there each winter) if the best I can get on a tourist visa is 60 days or less.

1 minute ago, Canadian Snowbird said:

Thanks for that. I'll try and ask the question again then if anyone has received approval on a tourist visa with a departure flight more than 90 days from arrival.

People have gotten the STV recently. 

The e visa site drop down menus are not very reliable having all the options shown. After registering and starting the application you will find it.

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

People have gotten the STV recently. 

The e visa site drop down menus are not very reliable having all the options shown. After registering and starting the application you will find it.

And thank you for that response. That kind of uncertainty though really isn't very comforting and still leaves me feeling pretty hesitant.

15 minutes ago, Canadian Snowbird said:

And thank you for that response. That kind of uncertainty though really isn't very comforting and still leaves me feeling pretty hesitant.

I finally got on the website for the official consulate in Vancouver and found info about the STV.

See this PDF file. http://www.thaiconsulatevancouver.ca/consulate/documents/visa/stv.pdf

3 minutes ago, CANSIAM said:

Get a 90 day Non 0, you like to stay 5.5 months a year......

How?

There is no extension for it other than one year if 50 or over. Or if married to or the parent of a Thai with a 60 day extension.

11 minutes ago, CANSIAM said:

Not a covid extension ?

It is it only allowed until January 25th. I prefer to not mention them when people are still outside the country and are just now making travel plans.

Also a non-o visa is not available for everybody. You have to have a specific reason to apply for it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It is it only allowed until January 25th. I prefer to not mention them when people are still outside the country and are just now making travel plans.

Also a non-o visa is not available for everybody. You have to have a specific reason to apply for it.

Again Ubonjoe, thank you for all of your help.

12 hours ago, CANSIAM said:

Get a 90 day Non 0, you like to stay 5.5 months a year......

That's not a bad idea at all if you are over 50. I was thinking of having my mother over in Thailand next autumn. A 90-day non-0 would be a good way of being able to stay more than 2 months. Two months seems a bit short for the business class ticket to pay for itself.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JackGats said:

That's not a bad idea at all if you are over 50. I was thinking of having my mother over in Thailand next autumn. A 90-day non-0 would be a good way of being able to stay more than 2 months. Two months seems a bit short for the business class ticket to pay for itself.

You would need to check with the embassy about her getting a visa for being a member of your family since at this time they are not being issued under the covid 19 restrictions.

She could apply for one based upon retirement but many embassies require financial proof for it and due to covid 19 medical insurance valid for 3 months.