Best toyshop in town

SidJames

Where is the best toyshop in Bangkok?

I am normally back home at this time of year so fill my cases with Christmas presents but I am not travelling presently.

They are some pretty poor & not even cheap shops selling lots of moulded plastic from china.

I have 3 children aged 3 to 12 so variety is also important.

• Like 2

I never found a good toy shop here.  There are a few ToysRUs dotted around but mostly selling plastic <deleted>.

Central Chidlom has a not bad toy section in their department store but that's about it.  Those were my two go to places, but a little underwhelming compared to London for example.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, SidJames said:

You can say that again.

I've been looking for the old fashioned Monopoly with the Old Kent Rd etc but all you can get here is themed versions like jurassic pk or star wars etc

Lazada appear to have...............if you have deep pockets!

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/original-hasbro-monopoly-classic-english-board-game-i2914553970-s10677974145.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.5.664e1c29qoINUc&search=1&freeshipping=1

cheaper here.............

https://www.jd.co.th/product/_11475895.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiA7oyNBhDiARIsADtGRZbi3oPcwtNMJsuTQIHwvi-d3TdgvMP8u1QQj_TGQ4uQ4_ghJjo8jhIaAkg_EALw_wcB

Edited by thaiflyer1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/28/2021 at 4:24 PM, SidJames said:

You can say that again.

I've been looking for the old fashioned Monopoly with the Old Kent Rd etc but all you can get here is themed versions like jurassic pk or star wars etc

I bought one last year, cant remember if it was Toys r Us Central World or the toy department in Central Chidlom.

After spending a fortune on bringing stuff back for my 7 year old cars of all sizes games books wrapping paper etc etc he has not touched a toy since I brought him a tab S4 so for me this year it will be easy don't tell him its Christmas .

Humbug ????

• Like 1

On 11/28/2021 at 1:24 AM, SidJames said:

You can say that again.

My Thai friends haven't heard of either movies. 5555

There are 2 Lego outlets in central outlet and Siam premium outlet, but you'd need a car.

Central rama 3 has a Playmobil store with a lot of discounted prices.

...just in case the op is not into Chinese junk.

Edited by Pravda
  • Like 1