Address verification letter from Immigration in Bangkok?

I need to get an address verification letter in Bangkok as it's finally time to get a Thai driving license. Is this still at Muang Thong Thani or has it moved back to Chang Watthana? 2 years ago I got one at CW but needed to leave Thailand before I could apply for the license.

Are online appointments needed or available to get the letter? Saw some posts where it was said that the Land Transport office now needs to contact immigration - is this correct?

The alternative is to get the letter from the US Embassy. Has anyone done this lately?

Yes embassy can provide.

IMO your best to go to Mueang Thong Thani immigration.

That's were you can obtain residence certificate. 

They mail it out to you. 200baht.

Can take up to 2 weeks most likely you will have it in one week.

Appointments currently unavailable. 

If you happen to have a 90 report due thats handy as same office.

If that's the case do the report then the RC same visit. 

Transport office doesn't contact immigration. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes embassy can provide.

IMO your best to go to Mueang Thong Thani immigration.

That's were you can obtain residence certificate. 

They mail it out to you. 200baht.

Can take up to 2 weeks most likely you will have it in one week.

Appointments currently unavailable. 

If you happen to have a 90 report due thats handy as same office.

If that's the case do the report then the RC same visit.

Thanks DrJack54.

I had heard that the DLT had reopened but my girlfriend just checked their Thai website and they are not doing any testing (reaction, color-blindness or showing the video) so it seems that getting a new license is still not possible.

If anyone knows something different, would like to hear about it.

41 minutes ago, JerseytoBKK said:

If anyone knows something different, would like to hear about it

Check out the Motor forum.

It covers car licences. 

One of the Mods will move your thread. 

You can contact BSR bikes via cell or messenger. USA guy is the manager they will give up to date situation. Or any of the licence agents. 

I was chatting with agent on Nov 24 and nothing was mentioned about Transport office closed.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Check out the Motor forum.

It covers car licences. 

One of the Mods will move your thread. 

You can contact BSR bikes via cell or messenger. USA guy is the manager they will give up to date situation. Or any of the licence agents. 

I was chatting with agent on Nov 24 and nothing was mentioned about Transport office closed.

The DLT is by appointment only these days. In fact they take agents with client appointments starting early mornings before normal operating hours. I believe you can book appt online after doing a quick test and printing results

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, tonray said:

The DLT is by appointment only these days. In fact they take agents with client appointments starting early mornings before normal operating hours. I believe you can book appt online after doing a quick test and printing results

Re appointments...I was replying to this part of OP where he was asking about appointment for RC at immigration. Not available.

When they had had restricted numbers. I obtained mine at Mo Chit. They restricted non Thai to certain number per day. From memory wasn't many.

I used an agent and met them at office in outdoor seating area. 7.30am (no appointment).

That was basically to obtain queue #.

There were also few there without appointments or agent. 

Seems things have changed. 

This was when limited service just started after complete not possible. Approx 8 months back.

11 hours ago, JerseytoBKK said:

Thanks DrJack54.

I had heard that the DLT had reopened but my girlfriend just checked their Thai website and they are not doing any testing (reaction, color-blindness or showing the video) so it seems that getting a new license is still not possible.

I got my license at DLT area 3 Bangkok in late Sep, trying since July, had to go in person as could not book online or via the app, went there booked an appointment, at that time there were only a few appointments for foreigners, went back late sep, with resident certificate, and medical certificate, did all the tests, i did not have to watch the video as i had a IDP, took about an hour, i am sure you can do the video test online.

• Thanks 1

i need to get both license renewal under 1 year , if someone one to make it together with me looking for a partner

address certificate and 90 day report this following weeks Bangkok 

(if any had agent or school providing certificate of address faster is better)

13 minutes ago, TipMaster said:

(if any had agent or school providing certificate of address faster is better)

Agents cannot help you with residence certificate.

You can do 90 report and residence certificate at same time at Mueang Thong Thani.

200baht RC. Takes between one and 2 weeks. They post it. 

16 hours ago, JerseytoBKK said:

Thanks DrJack54.

Check with driving school closest to DLT. DLT tend to discourage attendance due to Covid especially foreigners but driving school will confirm if they are actually closed

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, howerde said:

I got my license at DLT area 3 Bangkok in late Sep, trying since July, had to go in person as could not book online or via the app, went there booked an appointment, at that time there were only a few appointments for foreigners, went back late sep, with resident certificate, and medical certificate, did all the tests, i did not have to watch the video as i had a IDP, took about an hour, i am sure you can do the video test online.

Thanks for the info. I have an IDP also.