Expired MB/CAR License

willyumcr

I had a similar situation whereby the next available appointment (DLT Bangchak,not Pattaya) was in 3 months, which would have made my DL more than 12 months expired. So rather than wait, I went to another DLT in a less busy province and got it renewed painlessly. Given you're in Pattaya, perhaps your TGF could check with Chachoengsao DLT (for example) and see whether she can renew quickly there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, willyumcr said:

does this also mean no insurance if accident?

If there's voluntary insurance on her bike/car they may not pay out without a DL in an accident.

If the vehicle has CTPL and has a tax disc then she has some insurance cover,  no driving license is a separate offence.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mark5335 said:

Given you're in Pattaya, perhaps your TGF could check with Chachoengsao DLT (for example) and see whether she can renew quickly there.

Rayong DLT drive-through car licensing was open when I went to renew my driving licence a month ago.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mark5335 said:

I had a similar situation whereby the next available appointment (DLT Bangchak,not Pattaya) was in 3 months, which would have made my DL more than 12 months expired. So rather than wait, I went to another DLT in a less busy province and got it renewed painlessly. Given you're in Pattaya, perhaps your TGF could check with Chachoengsao DLT (for example) and see whether she can renew quickly there.

Or Rayong?

Update! GF (Thai) went to South Pattaya Driving School. Spent two days in school. Being as her license MB was over 1 year expired, she had to to do the whole thing over as if new license. Practical and written. Car license was less than one year so no driving test. The fee was 1,000bt for each, MB and Car. The tests were done at the School. After passing everything she was given a 6 month permission to drive paper. Also has a January 11th appointment at DLT to have picture taken and pick up new "5-year" license. This is for Thai persons only. Foreigner requirements are different.