Pfizer, Moderna Vaccination Attracts Crowds to Bang Sue Grand Station

snoop1130

1414-1-1.jpg

BANGKOK, Nov 29 (TNA) – People flocked into the Bang Sue Grand Station to receive COVID-19 vaccines made by Pfizer and Moderna after free jabs of the vaccines were offered free of charge from Nov 26.

Dr. Mingkwan Wichaidit, director of the Institute of Dermatology Thailand and the Central Vaccination Center at the Bang Sue Grand Station, said many people arrived at the station over the past two days for free inoculation with Pfizer and Moderna vaccines and no one discarded vaccination queues following reports on the Omicron variant of COVID-19.

The Central Vaccination Center will offer first jabs until Dec 7 and then will give second and third jabs only to the people who registered for the vaccination until Dec 28.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-833029

tnalogo.jpg

1 hour ago, yogi yogi said:

third jab   . what does that mean as its  a two dose regiment.   i have been jabbed by moderna over 6 months ago, and am considering booster are they giving moderna boosters?  the booster of moderna is only half a dose. 

I am in the same situation as you.  I got 2 jabs of Moderna in the U.S. 6 months ago, but now I am in Thailand.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SmokeandIce said:

I am in the same situation as you.  I got 2 jabs of Moderna in the U.S. 6 months ago, but now I am in Thailand.

i might wait a while.  moderna has been talking about updated vaccine coming out not sure if its for first jab people or booster.  these pharma companys are tight lipped.  i need to study it out moderna updated vaccine .............i will wait a month to see.  beyond that are they giving out moderna boosters here. i dont really want any more jabs.  but if it helps in the long run i will get 

5 hours ago, SmokeandIce said:

we were also vaccinated in the US last April with then Pfizer vaccine. Both me and my wife are getting a shot of Moderna this Thursday in Bangkok.

There are a lot of people that paid for Moderna at one of the Hospitals, but by the time their turn came they got a free vaccination from the goverment and are willing to reassign their vaccination and get back the money they paid. You can ask family and friends if they know anyone or you can post a request on FB.

beware of scams on FB

We were lucky to have a family member who had a friend. 

Good Luck

I received my first Moderna vaccination at Thonburi Hospital today. 

OMG so much easier here than the government run ones.  From the time I entered to getting my shot was less than 5 minutes.

No description available.

Edited by rwill

29 minutes ago, rwill said:

Is this the paid for Moderna's from registrations back in June? I registered then before any expat vax government services has started and THG only accepted my Thai ID# at time, not my foreign passport.

I have since been given a vaccine ID# from two free govt jabs using my passport ID. Does THG match the two ID systems to give you one vaccination certificate like you seem to have in the photo?

7 minutes ago, Hamus Yaigh said:
40 minutes ago, rwill said:

Is this the paid for Moderna's from registrations back in June? I registered then before any expat vax government services has started and THG only accepted my Thai ID# at time, not my foreign passport.

I have since been given a vaccine ID# from two free govt jabs using my passport ID. Does THG match the two ID systems to give you one vaccination certificate like you seem to have in the photo?

Yes booked back in June, they are up to queue number 150,000 now.  Have to pay 900 more baht and schedule a date on their LIne app(by today I believe for this round).  If you pick 2 shots the second date is automatically assigned based on about a month from the first date.

I only used my passport number.  But they asked to see my orignal certificate when I first entered.  The photo above was from the  certificate they gave me today which included the previous shots.

Edited by rwill
  • Thanks 1