Retirment Visa

I really want to help and make sure two guys (American & German), both over 50, both unmarried to Thai, both with a valid

tourist visa and 21 days remaining on first 60 days, to get at immigration Suan Pluh in Bangkok successfully their retirement

visa with following paperwork stapled one after another:

Visa Status Alteration Form (TM.86)

Application for Visa (TM.87)

2 copies of Passport Entries (signed)

2 copies of Passport Front Page (signed)

4 x 6 cm Photographs on Forms

Application Fee 2000 THB

Income Letter from their embassies showing not less than 65000 THB/month (letter legalized by Ministry of Foreign Affairs)

Single or Multiple Re-Entry Permit (TM.7)

Is there anything else I may have overseen/forgotten in terms of forms, besides to appear nicely dressed and with the big

smile? I do appreciate and thanks a lot to you guys.

Believe forms TM.86 and TM.7 and if re-entry permit wanted TM.8 are the required documents and the cost will be 2,000, 1,900 and 1,000 or 3,800 (multi) for them.

They already have a visa and believe TM.87 is for visa exempt entry persons.

Have never heard of any requirement to have Embassy letter submitted to MFA for registration.

They should have proof of income in case it is requested - to compare with Embassy letter.

Although I have seen one or two reports that bank letter/account were not asked for when using the 65k pension letter am not comfortable about that point and would invite those have have used the 65k method recently at Suan Plu to advise if these items were requested.

I would make copy of Embassy letters as most say they have been able to submit a copy and keep the original and use again next year if no passport change.

Although I have seen one or two reports that bank letter/account were not asked for when using the 65k pension letter am not comfortable about that point and would invite those have have used the 65k method recently at Suan Plu to advise if these items were requested.

Thanks lopburi3, your help is always much appreciated. The 2 boys will head/travel to Suan Pluh coming Monday, so would others please tune in and supplement lop’s not being too comfortable regarding bank statement / account please? Thanks and I’ll report next week of course.

Does anyone know if you still have to get a medical report for 2nd or 3rd year type oa visa I have a letter of statement of facts from U.S. embassy for over 100,000 baht a month will get a bank statement showing I put 100,000 baht in bank this week.

Unfortunatelt I will come back from the U.S. 2 days late to go in after my visa is due. I will have 2,000,000 wired into my acct. by the time I get back.

I also heard you shouldn't wire more than $19,999U.S. is this true & does anyone know why if it is true?

Thanks

beadog

1. An O-A visa is obtained from a Consulate overseas and is designed to be extended by Immigration inside Thailand. If you have to obtain a new O-A visa do not believe the medical requirement as been rescinded. If you apply for extension of stay from Immigration there is no longer a requirement for it.

2. Don't understand the 2 days late part. If you arrive after the date on your re-entry permit you will have to start over - but it appears you meet the 65k monthly income requirement so that should not be a problem.

3. Don't know why you would wire 2M baht unless you buying condo and if that is the case you need to observive special considerations - the reason must be stated and special paperwork involved.

4. The reason not to send large sums is the new requirement to withold 30% and place in Bank of Thailand account for one year if the bank does not know it is not for investment. Make sure you check with bank first if you do not want to risk a paperwork chase.

1. An O-A visa is obtained from a Consulate overseas and is designed to be extended by Immigration inside Thailand. If you have to obtain a new O-A visa do not believe the medical requirement as been rescinded. If you apply for extension of stay from Immigration there is no longer a requirement for it.

2. Don't understand the 2 days late part. If you arrive after the date on your re-entry permit you will have to start over - but it appears you meet the 65k monthly income requirement so that should not be a problem.

3. Don't know why you would wire 2M baht unless you buying condo and if that is the case you need to observive special considerations - the reason must be stated and special paperwork involved.

4. The reason not to send large sums is the new requirement to withold 30% and place in Bank of Thailand account for one year if the bank does not know it is not for investment. Make sure you check with bank first if you do not want to risk a paperwork chase.

Hi

Not sure if I understand No 4 correctly. I am correct in assuming that if you wire the 800,000 baht required for the retirement extension to your Thai Bank account it should be done in small amounts over a period of time or if it is wired in one lump sum the bank will withold 30% for 1 year. If I have read it incorrectly please don't shout at me :o

Thanks

They do not have to be small amount over time but any transfer, I believe of USD 20k is now subject to withholding of 30% with no interest for one year to lessen investment speculations. The actual investments subject to this are small in number but unless you have prior knowledge your bank will not automatically transfer the funds here in Thailand I would err on the side of caution and make transactions of less than that. I always transfer less than 10k myself as I believe extra US paperwork is involved when over that amount.

They do not have to be small amount over time but any transfer, I believe of USD 20k is now subject to withholding of 30% with no interest for one year to lessen investment speculations. The actual investments subject to this are small in number but unless you have prior knowledge your bank will not automatically transfer the funds here in Thailand I would err on the side of caution and make transactions of less than that. I always transfer less than 10k myself as I believe extra US paperwork is involved when over that amount.

Thank you Lopburi. The 2 mill. is for a land purchase & part of it for living on as I put 170,000 down on the property 10% till July 12th when I get back. I will have to get an extention like last year as I am supposed to do my yearly visa shuffle the 8th of July. Thanks for the advise on the moving $20,000 at one clip better to not have to answer more questions & avoid delays so I can get the Chinote! I have never used the statement of facts that is why I was inquiring.

Thanks for also clearing up the medical report . It is no biggie, but I couldn't remember if it was required on the yearly.

Thanks again for the advice!

beardog

Edited by Beardog

If you are married and living together in your own home you will need a House master form TM30 this is completed by your wife basically it lists the residents in the house

We are talking about retirement extensions of stay for folks not married.

I just recently transferred in US $30,000, not knowing about the new BOT regs. Anyhow it was no big deal all I had to do was fill out a form at my bank stating it was for living expenses. Nothing withheld.

Fact that I have been living here on retirement visa for 4 years, and had the bank account for that same period, may have helped.

But on a related note I seem to remember hearing that one had to have the 800,000 baht in the bank for more than 90 days before applying, anyone know about that? Is it applicable to extensions? I tried to get mine in 90 days before but do to bank screw-up it came about 85 days before my visa will expire.

As you are already on an extension of stay with the 800k requirement (I assume) it should not be a problem this year but you will be advised to have it next time. You might not have known about it so they have only been requiring the 3 month from new applicants so far.