'Visiting wife extension' visa from a tourist visa

Hello, 

I had to leave Thailand in a hurry and did not get a reentry permit (for the one year Marriage extension visa I was on), so I am now half way through a 30 day Thai tourist visa and fretting about my general visa predicament. 

I am hoping that I will be able to apply/move over to a "visiting wife 60 day extension" end of next week to get me onto Non-O so I can then apply for another Marriage visa after the 60 days - I have just transferred 400K so although cutting it fairly fine, I will have the funds for 2 months if I apply at the end of the visiting wife extension in about 67 days time. 

Anyway, I have a couple of questions that I would greatly appreciate any answers for: 

1. Is there anything wrong/incorrect about this plan (and if so any other options)? 

2. Is the visa called "visiting wife visa" ? 

3. I plan to bring with me for the application next week: 
- My wife
- Wife's ID / Wife's house booklet
- Kor Lor 2 cert
- TM7 for X2 + passport photos
- Visa Fee
- Passport / arrival card X copies of
- Map ? and photos around the hosue? 
(I will try to get my wife to call them and ask what the require, but it's hard to get through to them...)

4. Any other points I am overlooking? 

Very much appreciate all of your help as usual, this forum really is a life safer! 

kr, Joe. 

1. You will first have to apply for a non-o visa at immigration before you can apply for a one year extension of stay (it is not a visa) based upon marriage.

Requirements for it is here. https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/6.pdf

The 400k baht only has to be in the bank on the day you appy.

You got a 30 day visa exempt entry that is not a visa of any kind. You will use a TM87 form to apply for the visa.

Best to apply for a 30 day extension of your visa exempt entry to get the minimum of 15 day required to apply for the visa.

Then during the last 30 days of the 90 day permit to stay the non-o visa will give you can apply for a one year extension based upon marriage.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

1. You will first have to apply for a non-o visa at immigration before you can apply for a one year extension of stay (it is not a visa) based upon marriage.

Requirements for it is here. https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/6.pdf

The 400k baht only has to be in the bank on the day you appy.

You got a 30 day visa exempt entry that is not a visa of any kind. You will use a TM87 form to apply for the visa.

Best to apply for a 30 day extension of your visa exempt entry to get the minimum of 15 day required to apply for the visa.

Then during the last 30 days of the 90 day permit to stay the non-o visa will give you can apply for a one year extension based upon marriage.

Great thank you, Joe!

Just a couple of following questions: 

- Can I get a visa exempt 30 day extension from any immigration office ? (my marriage cert is registered to Pathum Thani immigration office, but it is much closer for me to go to the main Bangkok office (government complex)

- and will I get 30 days from the day I apply or the day my visa expires?

Thanks again!

7 minutes ago, Joejoejoejoe said:

Can I get a visa exempt 30 day extension from any immigration office ? (my marriage cert is registered to Pathum Thani immigration office, but it is much closer for me to go to the main Bangkok office (government complex)

You have to apply for a extension at the designated office for the province you are living in.

That appears to be Pathum Thani immigration. Your marriage was registered at a Amphoe.

7 minutes ago, Joejoejoejoe said:

and will I get 30 days from the day I apply or the day my visa expires?

It starts on the day your permit to stay ends (it is not a visa).

• Like 1