Singapore authorities attempt to attract Thai tourists with "VTL" system - Vaccinated Travel Lane

webfact

9pm.jpg

Picture: Bangkok Business News

Thai media Bangkok Business News reported that the Singapore authorities were making life easier for Thai tourists now they are included in the VTL scheme - the Vaccinated Travel Lane.

But as usual the devil is in the details and entry into the island nation is not as easy as all that, notes ASEAN NOW.

To qualify for not having to quarantine for 14 days travellers need to be double vaxxed, have a PCR or ART test two days before arriving and another PCR test on arrival and you must have been living in Thailand 14 days prior to coming. 

Then you have to board a VTL flight. 

The scheme was started with nationals of Brunei and Germany back on September 8th but has since been expanded to 27 countries including Thailand. 

Some 18,000 foreign tourists have entered Singapore since November 7th said BBN. 

Visa-compliant insurance plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2021-11-30

Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Like 1

Won't be long before the airlines start offering a vaccinated lounge and a vaccinated class on the plane - for a price of course.

Dr Seuss - where are your star bellied Sneetches now?  Did you see this coming?

I’ve had so many problems with the once decent airline this year including having to postpone a paid for flight because they were too busy to answer the phone lines  or reply to my emails. 

The problem? They confused themselves and staff gave poor advice on which flights were eligible to take tourists to Phuket and much much more.

I rebooked with another Middle Eastern airline (72 hour rt-pcr test instead of 48 hours) and still have the “paid for” flight which I will begrudgingly have to use next year. 

5 hours ago, starky said:

If you think getting into Thailand is a punish don't even attempt the VTL system you'll really have something to cry about.

Agreed, first check out IF the Thailand Covid 10 Certificate you have is acceptable. May have changed but last week it was not. It needs to be an International Certificate. Be warned.

3 hours ago, Gold ticket said:

I’ve had so many problems with the once decent airline this year including having to postpone a paid for flight because they were too busy to answer the phone lines  or reply to my emails. 

The problem? They confused themselves and staff gave poor advice on which flights were eligible to take tourists to Phuket and much much more.

I rebooked with another Middle Eastern airline (72 hour rt-pcr test instead of 48 hours) and still have the “paid for” flight which I will begrudgingly have to use next year. 

I find the service on the plane as good as ever but everything else from even the booking process has been heading downhill for a couple of years. I have a lot of unused miles but after that will switch to Qatar

6 hours ago, starky said:

If you think getting into Thailand is a punish don't even attempt the VTL system you'll really have something to cry about.

Could you outline the ball ache involved in a VTL, particularly the one to Singapore if you know as once Covid extensions stop I will need to leave.

Have survived the Thai evisa system, CofE, PCR tests and 15 nights quarantine. Is it really as bad? Cheers.

• Like 1