TEST AND GO

I am in Cambodia and plan traveling to Chiang Mai. Can I fly from Phnom Penh to CM under the TEST AND GO program? I would have a transfer in Bangkok to get to CM. Landing in and transfer through Suvarnabhumi Airport.

Edited by morocco
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

As far as I know there is no connecting flights to Chiang Mai from Bangkok that would allow you to get the test and go there.

At this time the only option is do the the test and go in Bangkok and then get a domestic flight to CM after you get the negative covid 19 RT-PCR test.

Ok thanks for your input.

Is the Thai Pass available for foreigners on a shorter trip to Cambodia from Thailand ?? As in Europe and elsewhere lots of people are still waiting for the Thai Pass even after two tries.  So , you could possibly get stuck there ? 

16 minutes ago, geisha said:

Is the Thai Pass available for foreigners on a shorter trip to Cambodia from Thailand ?? As in Europe and elsewhere lots of people are still waiting for the Thai Pass even after two tries.  So , you could possibly get stuck there ? 

You can apply for the Thailand Pass while still here. Some people have already done it for a short trip out of the country.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, geisha said:

My first application in the UK took a week and was rejected because the hotel had asked me to pay for hotel up front and PCR on arrival. Thailand Pass would not accept that. I contacted and paid for the PCR test and the hotel issued a new receipt stating all was paid as in hotel and PCR test.

I reapplied and my Thailand Pass was applied for Friday morning and given back to me Friday afternoon.

Maybe those still waiting have other problems or issues with their applications?

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for the Thailand Pass while still here. Some people have already done it for a short trip out of the country.

Exactly what I will do when I can go to Cambodia when we know a bit more about current and new restrictions due to Omicron variant.

12 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

As far as I know there is no connecting flights to Chiang Mai from Bangkok that would allow you to get the test and go there.

At this time the only option is do the the test and go in Bangkok and then get a domestic flight to CM after you get the negative covid 19 RT-PCR test.

i havent googled it but i assume cambodia is on the green list.  beyond that.   cambodia can be used for a visa run at this point (via aiR)  but not by land??????

I flew from PP to BKK a few weeks back (when no direct flights were available, there are now with Thai Smile I think). No issues, standard arrival with the PCR test and one night in SHA hotel. I will go back early January. There are no quarantine requirements at the moment for fully vaccinated travellers travelling from Thailand to Cambodia, just a PCR test 72 hours before arrival and then a rapid test on arrival. That may change in the coming days.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, yogi yogi said:

i havent googled it but i assume cambodia is on the green list.  beyond that.   cambodia can be used for a visa run at this point (via aiR)  but not by land??????

The border crossings are closed at this time. It has been in the news that they are planning on opening the crossing at Nong Khai later this month. When they begin opening it will only be crossings near a city that has enough AQ or SHA++ hotels to handle the those needing to quarantine.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bradiston said:

I've booked a flight on 16th to Phnom Penh from Suvarnabhumi, returning January 7th. It's exactly 21 days. Will I qualify for the 21 day rule? Any links to that? I'm keeping one eye on the situation of course.

If you are traveling from Thailand to Cambodia you do no have to stay there for 21 days.

From the FAQs' for Thailand Pass. https://consular.mfa.go.th/th/content/thailand-pass-faqs-2

image.png.b5f836286c79e140ddde0926a9cbc870.png

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The border crossings are closed at this time. It has been in the news that they are planning on opening the crossing at Nong Khai later this month. When they begin opening it will only be crossings near a city that has enough AQ or SHA++ hotels to handle the those needing to quarantine.

but one could fly and do a border run to cambodia.? 

2 hours ago, bradiston said:

I've booked a flight on 16th to Phnom Penh from Suvarnabhumi, returning January 7th. It's exactly 21 days. Will I qualify for the 21 day rule? Any links to that? I'm keeping one eye on the situation of course.

21 day rule . what is that.  cambodia rule?  i guess that makes sense they want tourist money and not border runners.

15 hours ago, Amplish said:

I flew from PP to BKK a few weeks back (when no direct flights were available, there are now with Thai Smile I think). No issues, standard arrival with the PCR test and one night in SHA hotel. I will go back early January. There are no quarantine requirements at the moment for fully vaccinated travellers travelling from Thailand to Cambodia, just a PCR test 72 hours before arrival and then a rapid test on arrival. That may change in the coming days.

whats this about 21 day rule?

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

thanks ubonjoe your posts are usually right on the mark.  im just quite curious of another neigboring country can set up a system where one can go between countries .  its no secret that tourists that come for a monthor more.  in the past liked to go between countries for holiday. this cambodia thing seems like the first shot at this. i want to keep informed on this subject

10 minutes ago, yogi yogi said:

but one could fly and do a border run to cambodia.? 

Yes you can. 

7 minutes ago, yogi yogi said:

whats this about 21 day rule?

That is needed for the test and go entry. You must be in a listed country for 21 days unless you have been in Thailand before entering the listed country.

if fully vaccinated you can do the test and go that only requires only a one night stay in a AQ or SHA++ hotel while waiting for a negative covid 19 test.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes you can. 

That is needed for the test and go entry. You must be in a listed country for 21 days unless you have been in Thailand before entering the listed country.

if fully vaccinated you can do the test and go that only requires only a one night stay in a AQ or SHA++ hotel while waiting for a negative covid 19 test.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes you can. 

u are a great moderator here.  thanks u are the best ive seen 

45 minutes ago, yogi yogi said:

21 day rule . what is that.  cambodia rule?  i guess that makes sense they want tourist money and not border runners.

No, nothing to do with them. To do with Thai re-entry regs.

I'm beginning to think it's really not a very smart idea. E-visa (~1000 THB), RT-PCR negative test certificate (~2,600 THB) to get there. Insurance (5-7,000 THB), SHA++ and RT-PCR on return (?????) The bill is ridiculous. For a short break? Forget it!

PS Bangkok Airways have direct flights now. Swampy to Phnom Penh. Expensive though.

Edited by bradiston

4 minutes ago, yogi yogi said:

so i have to stayin cambodia 21 days.  why?

34 minutes ago, ubonjoe said: