Motor Expo 2021, Last Car Sale Boost of the Year Starts

webfact

S__42885125.jpg

NONTHABURI, Dec 1 (TNA) – Motor Expo 2021 grandly started and was expected to generate a turnover of 35 billion baht.

Kwanchai Paphatphong, chairman of the organizing committee of Motor Expo 2021, said 32 car brands from nine countries and 12 motorcycle brands from seven countries joined the event and all of them showed off their new vehicles and electric vehicles and also offered special promotional privileges to buyers in the exposition.

The event complied with disease control measures of Nonthaburi province. Everyone responsible for the organization must have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and passed antigen tests before entering the exposition venue. Visitors must have been fully vaccinated or pass antigen tests at the entrance of the event venue.

Full story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-834614

tnalogo.jpg

2 hours ago, Crusader said:

they want people to buy on hire-purchase

Yep, finance 

If you got cash they don't want to know you 

I went to a Honda dealer (motorcycle) here in pattaya, not Mityon.

I wanted to buy a PCX160, much better price than Mityon but wouldn't sell for cash (not at a good price anyway) wanted me to finance. 

15 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I wanted to buy a PCX160, much better price than Mityon but wouldn't sell for cash (not at a good price anyway) wanted me to finance. 

I thought all the bike dealerships in Pattaya where Mityon ?

What was the interest rate on the finance ?  surely it wasn't 0%  or the dealer would have taken the cash,  I suspect a lot of the finance "deals" result in the buyer paying almost twice as much as the "recommended price"

1 hour ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Yep, finance 

If you got cash they don't want to know you 

Because they get a silent kick back from the finance company. Sometimes called a spotter fee.

1 hour ago, johng said:

I thought all the bike dealerships in Pattaya where Mityon ?

What was the interest rate on the finance ?  surely it wasn't 0%  or the dealer would have taken the cash,  I suspect a lot of the finance "deals" result in the buyer paying almost twice as much as the "recommended price"

There's a couple, the one I visited was on Sukhumvit corner Pattaya Nua, heading north 

They were asking 107,000 baht for the base model 

I didn't ask for the interest rate 

Over the many years the pricing for pcx has always been way above the listed Honda prices, Wave, click, Scoopy normal price at dealers. 

IMG_20211126_040711.thumb.jpg.3e8d5b6866594d9fbd30b3fa218a3f9e.jpg