Is Chatuchak Market open?

sirineou

As the title implies. Is Chatuchak Market open?

Tomorrow we  are driving to Bangkok from Khon Kaen  to take care of some business. and we are going to stay there for at least a couple of days.  

Among some other things to  I want to do is visit Chatuchak (J J ) market .

I have not been there for years.

I know it was closed because of covid for a while, is it open yet? and if so is it anywhere near it's former size?

Edited by sirineou

2 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

It's open on the weekends, but inside of it, many shops are closed, and there are few shoppers. Nothing like before COVID.

Do you think it is worth going? We were interesting is some home decoration items , like wood carvings for the walls. I remember there used to be a section with home furnishings and good, Anything like that there now?

10 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Do you think it is worth going? We were interesting is some home decoration items , like wood carvings for the walls. I remember there used to be a section with home furnishings and good, Anything like that there now?

If you're already around... why not. Many shops are still open. But far less than before. And nearly no customers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I went recently seemed about 25% of what it was.

Not sure about home decorations if not, maybe a vendor there can give you the number of someone who had a shop.

Just seemed like mostly now clothes and Coconut ice cream. 

Edited by bkk6060
  • Thanks 1

I was there last saturday as the Mrs was getting vaccinated at Bang Sue. Most of the stores that border or face onto the ring road that's within the market are open. Go inside the bowels of the place though and they are all closed. It was generally very quiet.  There is quite a few home decor items in the neighbouring JJ mall on the basement floor. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1