More unbelievable acts from the US ! Wheelchair bound man SHOT 9 times !

15 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

Thank you.  I may or may not watch it, but it's good to at least get a bit of background info before making the choice.

Possibly a similar encounter to the pest control chap in the hotel corridor.  Police convincing themselves that not following an order is a direct physical threat, no matter how vague or confusing the order.

Another victim, a great loss to society ...

After brandishing a knife and telling the off duty officer "if want me to put the knife down, you'll have to shoot me"  ... as he was attempting to enter a DIY store.

A saint, only his mother will mourn: "Richards' has a long criminal history going back to the 80s.

According to court records, he was sentenced to 10 years in 2007 for first-degree attempted murder, aggravated assault and resisting arrest for crimes that took place in the 90s.

Records show he was released in 2018 but then was jailed again in 2019 for "transporting illegal aliens for profit" after being stopped by Border Patrol in Nogales."

https://www.kvoa.com/news/n4t-investigators-criminal-background-richard-lee-richards/article_b56f4ecc-523e-11ec-9e5b-cbc1e7efd6ef.html

Geez ... did a 10 year stretch, and went right back to being a criminal, trafficking people ...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Another victim, a great loss to society ... ????

After brandishing a knife and telling the off duty officer "if want me to put the knife down, you'll have to shoot me"  ... as he was attempting to enter a DIY store.

A saint, only his mother will mourn: "Richards' has a long criminal history going back to the 80s.

According to court records, he was sentenced to 10 years in 2007 for first-degree attempted murder, aggravated assault and resisting arrest for crimes that took place in the 90s.

Records show he was released in 2018 but then was jailed again in 2019 for "transporting illegal aliens for profit" after being stopped by Border Patrol in Nogales."

https://www.kvoa.com/news/n4t-investigators-criminal-background-richard-lee-richards/article_b56f4ecc-523e-11ec-9e5b-cbc1e7efd6ef.html

Geez ... did a 10 year stretch, and went right back to being a criminal, trafficking people ... ????

Might not be a great loss for society , and there's plenty more who should be in the same boat , we with too much people on this planet anyway . But that is not the way to do it , and not the way i want to police to treat people , even if they do something wrong . Why ? because the action should be equal to the threat . Meaning somebody in a wheelchair with a knife poses a risk , but certainly something a trained police should be able to handle .

Then maybe you ask why ? , well what is next , shoot somebody for speeding ? for throwing a piece of paper to the ground ?

Like i said , the man might be wrong and no loss for society , but it is not the way the police should act .

Oh, but he did 'This' in the past, he did 'That' in the past ...

Truth be told, they murdered a man in a wheelchair.

No matter how you cut it, this is not justifiable.

But it is how things are in the USA, ever since the police became a military force.

Just google the question. Many Many examples.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, sezze said:

Might not be a great loss for society , and there's plenty more who should be in the same boat , we with too much people on this planet anyway . But that is not the way to do it , and not the way i want to police to treat people , even if they do something wrong . Why ? because the action should be equal to the threat . Meaning somebody in a wheelchair with a knife poses a risk , but certainly something a trained police should be able to handle .

Then maybe you ask why ? , well what is next , shoot somebody for speeding ? for throwing a piece of paper to the ground ?

Like i said , the man might be wrong and no loss for society , but it is not the way the police should act .

Agree, and the officer was fired, as 'should have known better' and actually against his department's 'policy'.  Looking at the vid, he could have easily just caught up to him and toppled his wheelchair.  

Don't mind that the 'victim' is no longer with us, but not the officer's place to pass that type of judgement.  9 shots is obviously a death sentence.  

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

I know that this post will probably put the cat amongst the pigeons and earn me some haters, but so be it and so what.

I found this story on this site (Asean Now).       

I can't help thinking that if the guy in the wheelchair was black that I would have learned about this case through mainstream media.

I would probably be reading that the whole police department was being investigated, mainstream media would be calling for blood and Richard Lee Richards would be plastered on a freedom fighter t-shirt.

Sorry if I've crushed or damaged anyone's feelings, just saying what I feel on the matter.

• Confused 1