METV

Hi, trying to figure out if to apply for a METV. I am Austrian and 35 years old. Is this information correct:

With a METV i will get 60 days upon arrival wich can be extended for 30 days at immigration. Then i can leave and reenter Thailand again and get and additional 60 days that can be extended for 30 days at immigration. Then before the last 30 days are over i can leave Thailand again and reenter for the last possible 60 days and 30 day extension.

Did i get that right or did i make a mistake in the above statement?

Edited by Brulak

Yes

You can also  leave and re-enter the country just before the day your visa expires (6 months from the day it is issued) and get another 60 day entry that can be extended for 30 days. Doing that allows about a total stay of 270 days.

The only problem is at this time it not easy to leave and re-enter the country to get a new entry due to covid 19 restrictions.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

With METV i use to do border runs every 60 days, I didn't bother to do extension until final time if needed. Get the METV just before you leave

What if borders are still not open in 3 months. (60 day on entry +extension). 

Anyone that can defer their trip then METV may become popular in couple of months.

Personally with current situation l wouldn't be arriving with an METV today.

Edited by DrJack54

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

What if borders are still not open in 3 months. (60 day on entry +extension). 

Anyone that can defer their trip then METV may become popular in couple of months.

Personally with current situation l wouldn't be arriving with an METV today.

Yes no use right now

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brulak said:

Didnt realise all borders were closed - so i wont be able to cross over to laos after my visa runs out?

Maybe later this month from Nong Khai to Vientiane. But it will not be a simple cross the bridge and then turn around and come back.