African tourist arrivals in Phuket found, face tests

snoop1130

02.jpg

Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: Just one day after the announcement that officials were tracking down tourists who had arrived in Phuket from South Africa and Namibia in the hope of preventing the spread of the Omicron variant of COVID-19 across the island, Phuket Immigration Chief Col Thanet Sukchai today confirmed that officers had located all but one of the tourists.

Despite announcing yesterday that 57 tourists from the high-risk Omicron countries in Africa were still on the island, Col Sukchai today (Dec 3) said that 52 were still on the island.

Of those, 26 had already stayed in Phuket more than 14 days without presenting any signs of infection. These 26 will not be tested again for COVID-19, he said.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/african-tourist-arrivals-in-phuket-found-face-tests-82253.php

pkt..jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-12-03

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

said that 52 were still on the island.

Of those, 26 had already stayed in Phuket more than 14 days without presenting any signs of infection.

I guess many hoteliers and tourism related businesses will pray that the remaining 26 african tourists all test negative .

If not = new restrictions coming ...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

I guess many hoteliers and tourism related businesses will pray that the remaining 26 african tourists all test negative .

If not = new restrictions coming ...

I kind of think that they will all test Negative 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1